This No Stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe is not only fun to play with, but it smells amazing too! This easy Gingerbread Slime is perfect for strengthening and engaging little hands for some sensory play in December. Make a gingerbread man out of slime, stretch, mold, oooooz and have lots of fun with this Christmas activity for kids! We love this Gingerbread activities with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students!
Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- 1 cup clear Elmer’s glue
- 1/2 teaspoon borax
- 1 cup of very warm water
- 1 teaspoon allspice (it makes this slime smell amazing – it smells like Christmas!)
- 2 Tablespoons gold glitter
Slime recipe easy
In a large bowl add 1 cups Elmer’s CLEAR glue. Meanwhile in another small bowl mix 1/2 teaspoon borax with 1 cup of very warm water. Now add 1 teaspoon allspice to the glue for the holiday gingerbread smell.
Next, add in 2 Tablespoon gold glitter – don’t worry, once it is mixed in it wont make a glittery mess everywhere – it will just look amazing!). Finally, pour in borax mixture and mix until it thickens.
Glitter Slime Recipe
Once your child has had a chance to explore the sensory play of this tactile activity by squeezing, stretching, shaping, oozing, and observing the gold glitter shimmer in the light… you can easily expand on this activity.
Use this Christmas play recipe to make a fun gingerbread activity for kids! Simply use cookie cutters to cut out gingerbread men from the pretty gingerbread dough. Or, kids can shape the gingerbread man by rolling a head, arms, body, and legs and pressing the pieces together.
Gingerbread Man Activities
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
- Epic Gingerbread Puffy Paint
- No stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- LOTS of fun Gingerbread Crafts and Activities
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – they come out soft every time!
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
- Try this fun Rudolph Races Game for a Christmas Physics Science Experiment
- Plus add some holiday magic with this Melting Christmas Science Experiments
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers