This is a fun Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt where kids not only get to go on a bow Christmas scavenger hunt, but they will be reminded of the real meaning of Christmas by putting the story of Jesus’ birth back in order. Download the pdf file with the scavenger hunt clues and you are ready to retell the Christmas story from Luke 2 for families with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade children.
Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
This activity is a really fun way for kids to celebrate Christmas on December 25th while helping them to focus on the real reason for Christmas – Jesus’ birthday. It is super simple to prepare and set-up! Simply print the scavenger hunt clues, cut apart, and slip them into whatever Christmas bow you have on hand (or simply tape around the house if it is easier). Kids will go on a hunt for clues. When they have all 25 clues they will pull them out and you will retell the story together as a family. This is such a fun activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students!
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Christmas Scavenger Hunt Ideas
There are two ways to do this Christmas bible story scavenger hunt:
- Luke 2 printable strips (see below for printable) – Print the 2 pages and cut apart the 24 strips each containing a part of the Christmas story straight from the Bible. This is best for kids who are comfortable reading (1st grade on up)
- Christmas Story Picture Strips – (see below for printable) – Print and cut apart the strips each containing a pictoral representation of a part of the Christmas Story.
Real Meaning of Christmas
Now weave each clue (strip of paper) in and around a bow. Repeat with the remaining strips of paper using a new bow each time.
Now hide the bows all around your house. I used the sticky part on the back to stick them to walls and furniture – just remember to hold for about 5 seconds to make sure it really sticks. (in my experience, there was no damage from the sticky part on the furniture)
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Have your kids hunt for all the Christmas bows.
We had 4 kids searching for 24 bows, so we told them each to find 6. You could always hide a certain color bow in easier locations for younger children while making a different color more challenging for older kids.
Now have the kids pull out their strips of paper to put the Christmas Story back in order.
Christmas scavenger hunt for kids
- Looking for more Christmas Scavenger Hunt Ideas? Check out several free printable ones we have!
- Meaningful Christmas Fun for Christian Families – If you are looking for a meaningful way to spend the month of December focused on Jesus’ birth and what it means for the salvation of the world you are going to want to get Craft & Pray Around the World! You will learn about 24 countries around the world including their Christmas traditions, how to practically pray for the people, and a simple ornament craft to represent the country you focused on.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Bible Printables for Kids
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft & Lesson
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
FREE Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!