Snowman handprint ornament
Make a beautiful DIY handart ornament this December. This easy ornament craft will not only brighter your Christmas tree, but also makes a lovely kid made Christmas gift that will be a precious keepsake memory for a lifetime. To make this adorable snowman handprint ornament you just need a few simple materials and 5 minutes! This Christmas project for kids is a MUST! Try this handprint ornament with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
To make this project you will need a few simple materials:
- solid colored ornament ball (can be shatterproof or not, in whatever color you like best)
- acrylic paint (this paint covers better than Crayola washable paint)
- paint brush to make the details like carrot nose, scarf, stick arms, top hat, etc.
- baby wipe to easily clean painted hands (optional)
Handprint Snowman Ornament
This came out so cute I just had to share it with you!!! First, paint your kids hand white (with Acrylic paint, the Crayola washable stuff just won’t cover very well).
The painting itself was a lot of fun! We used acrylic paint (we tried several different kinds, but this produced the best results). Paint your child’s hand white; have them up their hand and instruct them to stay still. Place the ball in their hands and press their fingers carefully on the ball. Have them release their grip and carefully life out the ball to reveal a cute white handprint on your ball. This was surprisingly easy to do!
We set ours in canning jar lids (perfect size) to allow the snow man to dry before adding more details.
Now using a small paintbrush and various colors of acrylic paint add the snowman hats, scarves, buttons, coal eyes, carrot noses, and twig arms. Last, but not least, make sure you write the child’s name and age on the back so you don’t forget this precious moment in time.
If you are making the project with 3-5 year olds, you will need to help with adding the details. My 4-year-old was not able to do the detailed painting herself, but she did enjoy painting an ornament freestyle.
Didn’t they turn out cute!?! I love that you can see their handprint when you look at it from the bottom. If you look straight on, it just looks like 5 cute snowman on a snowy ground. The 9 pack of plain ornaments was $2.50 at Walmart. Wouldn’t this make a WONDERFUL gift for a grandparent!? ! Plus I am keeping one of each as a keepsake.
Snowman handprint ornaments
Older students like my 6-year-old can add the details to their ornaments themselves. They will be so proud of the cute handprint snowman and fingerprint snowman they crate. I am keeping this ornament for me!! What a precious keepsake!!
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
Christmas Activities for Families
- Rudolph Races
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Experiments
- Paper Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Super Cute, Free Printable Christmas Worksheets
- 200 Epic Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Skip Counting Christmas Worksheets
- Free Christmas Around the World eBook
- Preschool Christmas Crafts – Printable Hats
- YUM! Best Gingerbread Cookies Recipes
- Polar Express Worksheets
- See LOTS more Christmas activities for kids of all ages