Your kids are going to love making these snowman crafts for kids to celebrate Christmas this holiday season in December or the start of winter. These plastic cup snowman couldn’t be easier to make! Children from toddler, preschooler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade will have fun making these snowman homemade ornaments.
Plastic cup snowman
One of my favorite holiday traditions is making homemade ornaments with my children every year. Our Christmas tree is completely full of precious salt dough hand print ornaments and colorful bulbs with their names written in glitter. However, my favorite ones are the one that my children thought of from start to finish like this plastic cup Christmas ornaments with a fun snowman theme. This adorable snowman is so easy for young children to make and will cute on your Christmas tree this year.
Snowman homemade ornaments
All you need to make these homemade ornaments are the following materials. Chances are, you probably have these craft supplies at your home already!
- Plastic Cup
- Black Pom Poms
- Orange Pom Pom
This simple Christmas ornament and inexpensive to make. You can usually find all of the supplies at a dollar store. It’s the perfect craft to make with a large group of children like at a holiday party or dinner.
Homemade snowman ornaments
To begin making this ornament, glue two black pompoms on a plastic cup for the snowman’s eyes. If you don’t have pom poms, you can use buttons, craft foam, or even thick paper like card stock.
Next, glue an orange pom pom under the black ones for the snowman’s carrot nose. Instead of using a pom pom, you can also cut a triangle out of orange craft foam.
Plastic cup christmas ornaments
Then, glue black pom poms in a curved line under the snowman’s nose to create a smile.
After the glue dries, cut a piece of ribbon that is about five inches long. Next, fold the ribbon in half to form a loop and glue the ends to the top of the cup. Then, let the glue dry completely.
Finally, hand your adorable snowman ornament on your Christmas tree. I love how the lights shine through and reflect off the plastic cup. This winter craft is so inexpensive to make that you can also hang them on a tree or porch outside. We hung our snowman on a pine tree in our front yard and they look so festive.
Snowman ornament craft ideas
This Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament is a simple and cute Christmas decoration for your tree. Your children are sure to have fun creating this holiday craft and making memories.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- How to make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers