You will love this simple, easy-to-make Melted Crayon Ornaments. Not only is this a pretty ornaments for kids to make, but it is practical too! This recycled crayon craft becomes a new, multi-colored crayon! This DIY Christmas ornament craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students. It makes a fun kid made present for cousins, siblings, friends, and classmates.
Melted Crayon Ornaments
It is super easy and quick to make these melted crayon ornaments! all you need are crayon pieces (this is a great way to recycle and reuse the broken crayons we all have), a silicon cupcake pan, and ornament hooks! This crayon ornaments diy is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to help! Plus this easy christmas crafts for kids makes a fun present for kids to give to their friends or teachers to give to their students during the holiday season in December!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clever idea for reusing broken crayon pieces to make a beautiful craft project that is practical and pretty too!
Christmas ornaments for preschoolers to make
This easy ornament craft for preschoolers takes just 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook! All you need are a few simple materials:
- crayons (any kind/colors you like – we like to use the broken crayon pieces we have laying around)
- silicon cupcake pan
- ornament hooks (to hang ornaments on tree)
Using a Christmas silicon cupcake pan, fill each of the spots 1/2 – 2/3rds of the way up with broken crayon pieces. You can use any color you like. I suggest only using a couple colors or using similar colors.
Put in the oven at 375 F for 10-15 minutes or until completely melted.
Allow crayons to completely cool and harden. The push on the bottom of the pan to easily pop out your snowflake crayons.
Ornaments for Kids to Make
Aren’t they pretty! The pan gives your Crayon Ornaments a fun shape and texture.
DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids
Then you can use a toothpick to make a whole at the top to hang your crayon ornament. These are so much fun because after Christmas, instead of keeping them you can let your kids use them to color.
Kids will LOVE coloring with these special crayons with multi colored results!
These also make great kid made gifts. You can wrap them inside a present or you can hang them from a bow on the front of your present as a practical decoration.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity