Rhymes can be tricky for kids to pick up, but learning to rhyme is an important skill when it comes to reading. Sneak in some fun literacy practice this December with Christmas Rhymes. These free printable Christmas rhyming worksheets are a great way to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students improve reading skills. Print pdf file for n0-prep christmas worksheets!
This free Christmas Rhyming Worksheets are such a fun addition to your Christmas themes to help kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students work on reading and spelling skills. This Christmas Rhymes Activity makes practicing rhyming fun with lots of Christmas themed learning activities to celebrate the holiday season this December. This huge pack has several different rhyming activities so your child gets lots of practice!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun! Use these as extra practice, literacy centers in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading curriculum.
Christmas Rhyming Worksheets
Christmas Rhyming Words
There are 3 separate roll and cover pages in this Christmas set of rhymes activities. The first two use all 3 letter words and the last set uses longer words. Print out the set you’d like to work on and then put the die together. It helps to print the die on cardstock so it lasts longer.
Gather some small objects to cover the words. Cheerios, small erasers, gems, and plastic discs all work well for this! Another option is to use dot markers, but then the pages will not be reusable.
These pages are meant to be played as a kind of game Roll the die and then find a word on the mat that rhymes with the word on the die.
For example, if you roll ‘clock’ you might choose to cover ‘sock’ on the roll and cover page.
Each side of the die has 3 matching words on the corresponding roll and cover page.
Free Christmas Worksheets
After covering a word, write the word on the recording page. This page is separated into 6 columns so the words can be written as rhyming sets.
My goal with these pages for my kids was for them to see the patterns in rhyming words. Not all rhyming words are spelled similarly but enough are spelled similarly that rhyming words can be used as a tool. So all of the rhyming words in these sets are ones that are spelled similarly.
Turn It Into a 2 Player Game
Use two different colors of gems and take turns rolling the die.
Some kids simply enjoy playing games like this with other people so using 2 colors is a great way to get involved. No one has to be the winner!
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Christmas Rhymes Activity
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.