If you’re working on rhyming words with your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child you will love this fun Hey Diddle Diddle Activities that works on litearcy with fun rhyming activities. Simply download the hey diddle diddle printable pack of and you are ready to play this rhyming game for kids.
Hey Diddle Diddle Activities
Nursery rhymes are great teaching tools for preschoolers. Kids love to recite them, and they help little ones work on rhythm and rhyme. This Hey Diddle Diddle Activities is a great way to help kids practice rhyming while having fun learning too! Practicing rhyming words is important for preschoolers, kindergartners, and beginning readers. Nursery rhymes are a great way to get in some practice in a fun way. This hey diddle diddle printable pack features twelve rhyming sounds.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun and engaging rhyming activity for early learners. This is great for extra practice, summer learning, nursery rhyme theme, supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum, or as a literacy center in your classroom.
Hey diddle diddle printables
Hey diddle diddle preschool activities
Spread the moon cards out on a flat surface – a table, the floor, or even the fridge if you put small magnets on the back of the cards. Make sure your readers know what each picture featured is – cat, cut, map, etc. Be sure to emphasize the ending sound as that is what makes up a rhyme.
Next, spread out the cow cards. Again, go over the featured images to be sure your preschoolers know what each one is. I’ve included an answer key in case you need it. Have your child name the image on the moon card and find the two rhyming cards that go with it. You can make this a self-checking activity by putting small matching stickers on the back of each set.
Then, your preschoolers can turn the sets over and check their own work. If the stickers match, they’ve matched correctly.
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
Hey diddle diddle free printables
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.