If you’re working on rhyming words with your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child you will love this fun Hey Diddle Diddle Activities that works on litearcy with fun rhyming activities. Simply print the hey diddle diddle printable pack of and you are ready to play this rhyming game for kids.
Hey Diddle Diddle Activities
Nursery rhymes are great teaching tools for preschoolers. Kids love to recite them, and they help little ones work on rhythm and rhyme. This Hey Diddle Diddle Activities is a great way to help kids practice rhyming while having fun learning too! Practicing rhyming words is important for preschoolers, kindergartners, and beginning readers. Nursery rhymes are a great way to get in some practice in a fun way. This hey diddle diddle printable pack features twelve rhyming sounds.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun and engaging rhyming activity for early learners. This is great for extra practice, summer learning, nursery rhyme theme, supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum, or as a literacy center in your classroom.
Hey diddle diddle printables
Hey diddle diddle preschool activities
Spread the moon cards out on a flat surface – a table, the floor, or even the fridge if you put small magnets on the back of the cards. Make sure your readers know what each picture featured is – cat, cut, map, etc. Be sure to emphasize the ending sound as that is what makes up a rhyme.
Next, spread out the cow cards. Again, go over the featured images to be sure your preschoolers know what each one is. I’ve included an answer key in case you need it. Have your child name the image on the moon card and find the two rhyming cards that go with it. You can make this a self-checking activity by putting small matching stickers on the back of each set.
Then, your preschoolers can turn the sets over and check their own work. If the stickers match, they’ve matched correctly.
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Hey diddle diddle free printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Diddle Diddle Printable <<
I’m a grandmother trying to help my preschool grands. I wanted to download activities related to nursery rhymes. It seems all I keep downloading are ads. Where is the link to the nursery rhyme activities. I’m confused. It isn’t very clear. Thanks