Grab this super cute, flower themed match the rhyming words activity improving rhyming skills to improve reading readiness with your pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade student! This free printable rhyming game is sure to be a hit with your students! In this rhyming games for kindergarten students will plant the rhyming tulips in the same flowerpot To play this rhyming activity, simply print the pdf file with the rhyming printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Spring rhyming words worksheet
Looking for a fun, hands-on way to practice rhyming words? This super cute spring activities for kindergarten, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students focuses on matching the rhyming words to improve early literacy. Print and cut out the flowers and flower pot in the rhyming worksheet pages and you are ready for this rhyming game for preschool. This is perfect for a spring theme at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool kindergarten curriculum.
Rhyming words matching game pdf
Spring rhyming worksheet
Spring fever may have hit, but students still have learning to do before the school year is out! Kids will love learning rhyming with this fun Rhyming Spring Flower Match activity. Rhyming is such an important literacy skill to help your preschool, prek, kindergartener, and grade 1 student to have a solid foundation for reading in the future.
This spring activity includes a flower pot and red and orange tulips featuring a variety of clipart images that rhyme:
- bee and key
- nest and west
- flash and splash
- grow and mow
- dog and frog
- plane and rain
- bite and kite
- flower and tower
- sing and spring
- balm and palm
- ball and tall
- knee and sea
Rhyming games printable
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this rhyming activity for helping students learn about rhyming words. This is handy for extra practice, summer learning, flower themes and goes great in a literacy center or spring center in your classroom. With twelve sets of rhyming words, this activity pack can be used in multiple ways.
- Color Version – I suggest you laminate the pages to make them extra durable for repeated use. Store in a large ziplock bag to practice rhyming over and over to achieve fluency.
- Blackline Version – Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in the sheets if they wish – this is great for strengthening fine motor skills!
Cut the page with the pots on it along the solid black lines. The Flowers can either be cut out along the outside solid black lines or with a small box around it. These can also be laminated for durability.
Printable rhyming games
To use this super cute rhyming game place a flower pot sorting mat in front of students. Now place all the pretty tulip flowers in a pile next to the mat. Kids can then choose one flower and look at the picture. After saying name of the picture they place the flower on the pot. One way to support their learning of rhyming is to slowly say the word while emphasizing the ending sound as the word is read.
Then they are to go through the rest of the flowers to find the matching rhyming word, for example; bee and key. Once they have found it, they can place that into the pot next to the other flower.
To further this activity, children can then write down these matching words and even other words that rhyme with them
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- rhyming pictures Clip Cards, Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten, Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme), Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers, Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families, or ng words for kids game
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten, Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten, Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity, superhero literacy rhyming mats,
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables or Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten, or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf or Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Color changing Capillary Action Experiment with flowers, blooming paper flowers – simple Capillary Action expeirment with flowers, Simple Capillary action experiment with flowers, or color changing flower expeirment worksheet
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets, counting seeds sunflower math activities, or this paper plate Sunflower craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft for kids, Fork art yellow Dandelion craft, or seeded dandellion craft, pretty zinnia fingerprint flower preschool, paper van gogh sunflowers for kids craft, purple Delphinium egg carton flowers, easy letter f handprint craft, or lacing flower craft
- Lots of Plant Activities for Kindergarten and grow a crystal flower science activities for preschoolers
- Build a Flower Digraph Worksheets alternative or rhyming flower cvc words
- Chromatography Flowers project for children or simple baking soda flower activity for preschoolers
- Flower telling timeworksheets pdf free, free printable sticker counting flower math activites for preschoolers, number names flower puzzle printable, printable shape flower craft, or shape flower playdough mats
- Spin Art Flower Craft Preschool, simply bow hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip craft,
- Try our free printable Flower Scavenger Hunt or US state flowers activity
- Flower Parts of a Plant Flipbook or this easy jello pollination experiment
- Build fraction flowers activity or this part puzzle / worksheet flower fractions practice
- Stuning pasta flower craft, or flower pasta mosaic art, petty painted flower craft preschool, beautiful egg carton flowers, Lacing Craft with free cut out flower template
- Flower sight words game for 1st graders or flower sight word maze for kindergartners
- Flower Alphabet Matching printable puzzles, hands-on build a flower beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- Free Printable Flower Worksheets, flower activity sheets for pre-k and kindergarten, or kindergarten flower counting worksheet
- Letter Matching Sunflower Alphabet Letters or ABC flower dot marker printable
- Printable Flower Name Craft or over 100 flower craft preschool and up
- See our themed flowers activities for preschoolers or a huge list of flower activities for preschoolers and kindergartners you can add to your lesson plan
- Don’t miss our flower books for preschoolers
- See all our flowers for kids free printables and activity ideas
Spring Rhyming Game
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply