Grab this super cute, flower themed match the rhyming words activity improving rhyming skills to improve reading readiness with your pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade student! This free printable rhyming game is sure to be a hit with your students! In this rhyming games for kindergarten students will plant the rhyming tulips in the same flowerpot To play this rhyming activity, simply download the pdf file with the rhyming printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Match the rhyming words
Looking for a fun, hands-on way to practice rhyming words? This super cute spring activities for kindergarten, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students focuses on matching the rhyming words to improve early literacy. Print and cut out the flowers and flower pot in the rhyming worksheet pages and you are ready for this rhyming game for preschool. This is perfect for a spring theme at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool kindergarten curriculum.
Rhyming games for kindergarten
Spring fever may have hit, but students still have learning to do before the school year is out! Kids will love learning rhyming with this fun Rhyming Spring Flower Match activity. Rhyming is such an important literacy skill to help your preschool, prek, kindergartener, and grade 1 student to have a solid foundation for reading in the future.
This spring activity includes a flower pot and red and orange tulips featuring a variety of clipart images that rhyme:
- bee and key
- nest and west
- flash and splash
- grow and mow
- dog and frog
- plane and rain
- bite and kite
- flower and tower
- sing and spring
- balm and palm
- ball and tall
- knee and sea
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this rhyming activity for helping students learn about rhyming words. This is handy for extra practice, summer learning, flower themes and goes great in a literacy center or spring center in your classroom. With twelve sets of rhyming words, this activity pack can be used in multiple ways.
- Color Version – I suggest you laminate the pages to make them extra durable for repeated use. Store in a large ziplock bag to practice rhyming over and over to achieve fluency.
- Blackline Version – Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in the sheets if they wish – this is great for strengthening fine motor skills!
Cut the page with the pots on it along the solid black lines. The Flowers can either be cut out along the outside solid black lines or with a small box around it. These can also be laminated for durability.
Spring activities for preschoolers
To use this super cute rhyming game place a flower pot sorting mat in front of students. Now place all the pretty tulip flowers in a pile next to the mat. Kids can then choose one flower and look at the picture. After saying name of the picture they place the flower on the pot. One way to support their learning of rhyming is to slowly say the word while emphasizing the ending sound as the word is read.
Then they are to go through the rest of the flowers to find the matching rhyming word, for example; bee and key. Once they have found it, they can place that into the pot next to the other flower.
To further this activity, children can then write down these matching words and even other words that rhyme with them.
Looking for more practice rhyming with kids? You will love these free printable resources!
- Hey Diddle Diddle Rhyming Activity
- Seasonal Rhyming Words Matching Cards
- Mitten Winter Rhymes
- Winter Hat Rhyming Puzzles
- Winter Rhyming Cards
- Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow Rhyming Game
- Butterfly Rhyming Game
- Rocket Rhyming Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme, and Dab
- Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Rhyming Printable Clip Cards
- Lion Rhyming Activity
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Rhyming Spring Flower Match
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!