Looking for a fun winter rhyming center? These snowballs match the rhyming words game is perfect for practicing! Use the rhyming words with pictures as a hands-on rhyming activity for your Kindergarten. Grab this free rhyming activities for preschoolers to have fun practicing rhyming words which have the same ending sounds.
This free printable rhyming activity is a great way to get learners to learn and practice their rhyming. This printable is a simple and low-prep printable activity making it so much easier to put the printable together. These printable rhyming puzzles are a great way to get learners to practice their rhyming while also practicing their reading skills. Learners will not only be practicing their rhyming but will also be fine-tuning their fine motor skills as they put the puzzle pieces together. The printable is winter themed since it is snowball themed so it is perfect for a kindergarten literacy center! However, you can always pull out this printable to practice rhyming with your learners. This printable is a perfect activity for a literacy center for your kindergarteners and first graders to practice rhyming. Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will love this hands-on rhyming activity for kindergarteners and first graders.
Match the rhyming words
Rhyming words with pictures
This rhyming printable activity is a relatively low prep activity, which makes this activity so much better! Simply download the free printable at the end of the post and print the pages.
You can opt to laminate the pages if you’d like them to more durable.
To prep this center you will need:
- Free printable (at the end of this post)
Rhyming activities for kindergarten
To prep this printable, print and laminate the pages. Then cut apart the puzzles along the straight lines to create the snowballs and make the puzzle pieces. There are a total of 32 rhyming words puzzles covering all 5 of the short vowel word families.
The printable will contain plenty of practice for your learners who need help with their rhyming and would love some additional practice.
Using the puzzles are really simple. Present as many puzzle pieces as required to your learner. You can use as many or little pairs as you like depending on your learners abilities. Learners will pick up one piece of the puzzle and identify the rhyming puzzle piece that needs to be matched with it. They will match the two pieces together and solve the rhyming puzzle. The snowballs in this puzzle make this a fantastic activity for a fun and hands-on Kindergarten Literacy center.
Rhyming activities for Preschoolers
Another way to make this rhyming activity a very fun and hands-on activity for your learners would be to put the puzzle pieces into a winter themed sensory bin. The filling can be something very simple such as cotton balls. Learners would pull out the puzzle pieces and match them together based on the rhyming sounds.
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
Match the rhyming words
Here are several rhyming puzzles that make practicing matching word that rhyme fun!
- Simple rhyming words for kindergarten
- Snowball Rhymes – Match the Rhyming Words
- Robot rhyming activities
- Pencil rhyming word activity
- Baseball cvc rhyming words
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words
- Butterfly printable rhyming games
- Planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten
- St patricks day donut rhyming game,
- Bunny spring rhyming words worksheets,
- Rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- Smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- Rhyming words on these flower worksheets
Winter rhymes for kindergarten
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!