Kids will have fun spotting words that rhyme with these rhyming robot puzzles!
If they choose a picture of a bee and then log as the answer, I say something like “bee, log- do they rhyme?”. If a child replies yes, then I know they’ll need some extra support to complete the puzzles. For these kids, narrow down the puzzle piece options by completing one robot color set at a time. Then help the kids by saying what the picture is and the possible answers, for example “cat, bat, van – what rhymes with cat… bat or van?” If they say van, I encourage them to try again. Then when they say “bat” I praise them and say something like “great job, cat and bat do rhyme, let’s try another one”. I find this helps to build their confidence and eventually they get the hang of it.
More Alphabet Fun for Kids
- Bingo Marker Alphabet Letter Find
- Phonics Alphabet Coloring Pages
- 17 DIY Alphabet Letter Manipulatives
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Mats
- 15 Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Alphabet Go Fish Game (printable)
- Alphabet Weekly Units (books, kids activities, and more)
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our second grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Rhyming Robots puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.