The holiday season is upon us and kids are SO excited about this. What better way to get your students and children engaged and excited about learning than making it festive with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles? Your students will be having such a blast playing with this activity, that they will forget that they are even learning.
Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
These FREE Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles pack includes 20 rhyming puzzles with about 4 puzzles for each vowel.
Preparing Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and laminate. This will allow you to reuse this printable over and over again. Next you will cut out each individual puzzle and cut down the jagged line down the middle. Each puzzle will have two pieces.
Doing Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
Students will first pick a puzzle piece that they want to start with. I always ask my students to point to the picture and say what it is.
Next, students will sort through all of the other puzzle pieces, looking for the gingerbread that has a rhyming picture. Once found, they will place the two pieces together and set aside.
Students will continue this until all puzzles have been completed.
If you have younger students (or struggling ones) who might be overwhelmed with all twenty puzzles, it would be best to give them only a handful of the puzzles at first. As they master those, you can add more in.
Want more gingerbread activities?
- Printable Gingerbread Pirate Worksheets (PreK-2nd grade)
- Fun Gingerbread Subtraction Mats
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Initial Sounds Gingerbread Puzzles
- FUN Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- My Yummy Gingerbread Book
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
Download Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.