The holiday season is upon us and kids are SO excited about this. What better way to get your students and children engaged and working on their literacy skills than with this gingerbread printable to work on rhyming. This Gingerbread activity is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students to improve literacy in the holiday season in December.
This super cute gingerbread man activity is a way to help preschoolers, kindergartens, and grade 1 students improve literacy skills as they work on rhyming – an essential building block for teaching children to read. This hands-on educational activity is better than gingerbread man worksheets as children will get to be hands-on with this learning activity. Use this Christmas printable during December in a literacy center in your classroom, extra practice, or in addition to your gingerbread theme.
These FREE Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles pack includes 20 rhyming puzzles with about 4 puzzles for each vowel.
Gingerbread Man Printables
Gingerbread man rhyme
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and laminate. This will allow you to reuse this printable over and over again. Next you will cut out each individual puzzle and cut down the jagged line down the middle. Each puzzle will have two pieces.
Students will first pick a puzzle piece that they want to start with. I always ask my students to point to the picture and say what it is.
Next, students will sort through all of the other puzzle pieces, looking for the gingerbread that has a rhyming picture. Once found, they will place the two pieces together and set aside.
Students will continue this until all puzzles have been completed.
If you have younger students (or struggling ones) who might be overwhelmed with all twenty puzzles, it would be best to give them only a handful of the puzzles at first. As they master those, you can add more in.
Looking for more free gingerbread worksheets? You will love these cute gingerbread man themed educational activities for kids of all ages.
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
- Epic Gingerbread Puffy Paint
- No stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- LOTS of fun Gingerbread Crafts and Activities
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – they come out soft every time!
Gingerbread Books for Kids
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.