You are going to love our families BEST Gingerbread Cookies Recipe that actually stay soft, have an amazing flavor, and smell wonderful while they bake.
Gingerbread Cookies Activities
- 32 Gingerbread Crafts & Activities
- Free Cookie Tray Counting Mats
- Gingerbread Pirates Activity
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Free Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets for Kids
- Gingerbread Cookie Memory Game
- Free Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- No Stick Gingerbread Slime
BEST Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
These are my families favorite Christmas cookie!
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
BEST Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Mix together brown sugar, butter, molasses, and cold water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover dough and put in refrigerate for about an hour. This is option, but will make it easier to handle. If you refrigerate it too long it gets stiff - don't throw it out just let it warm up and you roll it is and it will still taste just as delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on greased cookie sheet at least 2" apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes (DON"T overbake!) Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to cooling rack.
- Decorate cooled cookies with your favorite icing to look like gingerbread men.
- HINT: If you are using traditional red-hots for eyes, make sure you put them in the gingerbread men before baking. Personally, this is one of my favorite flavor combinations!