You are going to love our families BEST Gingerbread Cookie Recipe that actually stay soft, have an amazing flavor, and smell wonderful while they bake. I know you hear these are the best a lot, but I’m telling you these are truly, hands-down the best gingerbread cookies. I get requests for this recipe year after year because they actually stay soft and are so YUMMY!
BEST Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
Best gingerbread cookies
Best gingerbread recipe
Easy gingerbread cookie recipe
Easy gingerbread cookies
These are my families favorite Christmas cookie!
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Color by Number Printables
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Read the Gingerbread Pirates then sneak in these educational gingerbread pirates activities
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Free Gingerbread Man Dot to Dot
- Shape Gingerbread Math Worksheets
- GIngerbread Man Coloring Page pdf
- Puffy Paint gingerbread craft
- Gingerbread Letters activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Amazing gingerbread slime
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Science Experiments
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- Hands-on Gingerbread man activity tracing letters
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
BEST Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Mix together brown sugar, butter, molasses, and cold water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover dough and put in refrigerate for about an hour. This is option, but will make it easier to handle. If you refrigerate it too long it gets stiff - don't throw it out just let it warm up and you roll it is and it will still taste just as delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on greased cookie sheet at least 2" apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes (DON"T overbake!) Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to cooling rack.
- Decorate cooled cookies with your favorite icing to look like gingerbread men.
- HINT: If you are using traditional red-hots for eyes, make sure you put them in the gingerbread men before baking. Personally, this is one of my favorite flavor combinations!
Holy cow! Soooo good!
Do you know how many calories it is?
Sorry, never calculated. I figure they are cookies… treats =)