You are going to love our families BEST Gingerbread Cookie Recipe that actually stay soft, have an amazing flavor, and smell wonderful while they bake. I know you hear these are the best a lot, but I’m telling you these are truly, hands-down the best gingerbread cookies. I get requests for this recipe year after year because they actually stay soft and are so YUMMY!
BEST Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
Best gingerbread cookies
Best gingerbread recipe
Easy gingerbread cookie recipe
Easy gingerbread cookies
These are my families favorite Christmas cookie!
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
- Epic Gingerbread Puffy Paint
- No stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- LOTS of fun Gingerbread Crafts and Activities
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – they come out soft every time!
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
BEST Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Mix together brown sugar, butter, molasses, and cold water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover dough and put in refrigerate for about an hour. This is option, but will make it easier to handle. If you refrigerate it too long it gets stiff - don't throw it out just let it warm up and you roll it is and it will still taste just as delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on greased cookie sheet at least 2" apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes (DON"T overbake!) Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to cooling rack.
- Decorate cooled cookies with your favorite icing to look like gingerbread men.
- HINT: If you are using traditional red-hots for eyes, make sure you put them in the gingerbread men before baking. Personally, this is one of my favorite flavor combinations!