You are going to love our families BEST Gingerbread Cookies Recipe that actually stay soft, have an amazing flavor, and smell wonderful while they bake.
Gingerbread Cookies Activities
- 32 Gingerbread Crafts & Activities
- Free Cookie Tray Counting Mats
- Gingerbread Pirates Activity
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Free Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets for Kids
- Gingerbread Cookie Memory Game
- Free Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- No Stick Gingerbread Slime
BEST Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
These are my families favorite Christmas cookie!
BEST Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Mix together brown sugar, butter, molasses, and cold water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover dough and put in refrigerate for about an hour. This is option, but will make it easier to handle. If you refrigerate it too long it gets stiff - don't throw it out just let it warm up and you roll it is and it will still taste just as delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on greased cookie sheet at least 2" apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes (DON"T overbake!) Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to cooling rack.
- Decorate cooled cookies with your favorite icing to look like gingerbread men.
- HINT: If you are using traditional red-hots for eyes, make sure you put them in the gingerbread men before baking. Personally, this is one of my favorite flavor combinations!