General Tso Chicken Recipe is one of our families favorite Chinese recipes that is not only easy to make, but tastes way better than take out Chinese food with ingredients you can be proud to feed your family. YUM!
With just a few simple ingredients you can create your own Chinese food at home that tastes better than take out with better quality ingredients too!
I am sure this will become a new family favorite at your house too!
General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
General Tso Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoons ginger
- 1 can sliced chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sherry,1 tablespoon cornstarch, and Hoisin. Toss chicken in mixture to coat well; set aside.
- Combine 3 TAB sherry, water, soy, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in bowl; set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with canola oil; add chicken and stir fry 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add another 1-2 teas canola oil and stir fry ginger, garlic, celery, green onions, and red pepper for about 5 minutes. Add set aside sherry mixture and stir constantly until it boils & thickens. Add chicken & cook 1-2 minutes.