This yummy breakfast casserole recipe is a huge hit with kids and adults alike. Croutons give this casserole it’s amazing flavor and make it super easy to make. Plus this Easy Crouton Breakfast Casserole Recipe can be made overnight.
Easy Crouton Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Here is one of our favorite breakfast casserole recipes. We love to make this for Christmas breakfast, but you could make this any time you want a yummy, easy to throw together casserole. We love that you can make it ahead so all you have to do is pop it into the oven in the morning.
This casserole is not only super easy to make, but has a great flavor. The toasted croutons make a perfect substance that isn’t mushy like strata or crunch like topping. YUMMY!
In a bowl mix together:
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half (it makes it richer than milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teas salt
Now add 1 bag of croutons (5 oz) – we used garlic & cheese.
If you’d like you can add 3/4 cup cooked bacon, ham, or sausage.
Stir and pour into 9×13 pan.
Sprinkle 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese on the top of your casserole.
I sprinkled with chopped, sweet red peppers and sliced green onions. It’s optional, but it not only added some healthy veggies, but also made it very festive for Christmas breakfast.
Cover and put in the fridge overnight. It can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
On Christmas morning just pull the casserole out of the fridge and allow the pan to come to room temperature while the oven preheats to 325 F. (During this time we whip up a batch of our favorite Christmas drink – Wassail).
Cover and bake 45 minutes. (This is the perfect amount of time to unwrap presents! The casserole is ready just as we finish opening everything up. After breakfast it’s time to PLAY!)
NOTE: The picture shows the time I accidentally cooked the casserole uncovered so it got a little more brown on the top and edges than we like. But I loved the Christmas plates….. so that’s the one I choose =)
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Easy Crouton Breakfast Casserole
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspooon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces bag croutons
- 1 cup cooked bacon, ham, or sausage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- The night before mix together the first 4 ingredients and put in 9x13 pan. Add in bag of crouton and meat and toss with eggs in pan. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped pepper. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight (and up to 3 days).
- When you are ready to cook the casserole preheat the oven to 325 F while the 9x13 pan warms to room temperature. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Yum!