Do your kids love maccaroni and cheese? Of course they do – it’s a classic. Well, this childhood favorite dish is getting a fun makeover with our mac and cheese pies. Your whole family is going to love this macaroni pie to serve as an appetizer, tea party with kids, or just a fun weekday dinner that is simple and super yummy too. This is just like sweetie pie mac and cheese recipe except you can whip up this recipe in your own kitchen!
Mac and cheese pies
Recently I was looking for a fun appetizer my kids would love! After not seeing exactly what I was looking for I decided to make my own. What I came up with was too good not to share! I turned kid favorite mac and cheese into mac and cheese pies. YUM! This delicious sweetie pie mac and cheese doesn’t sacrifice any of they creamy goodness that makes up classic maccaroni and cheese, but adds a buttery, tasty ritz cracker crust for an extra punch.
Sweetie pie mac and cheese
To make the crust mix: 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, and 4 TAB salted butter. I use a blender for a quick & easy crust, but you can crush & mix together if you prefer. Note: You can make this with regular yellow cheddar, but the white is wonderful =-)
Press the crust mixture into the bottom and up partially up the sides of a greased (Pam spray works great) muffin pan. Don’t make the crust too thick – trust me these will pop right out easily! It should fill 10-12 muffins tins depending on how thick your crust is.
Macaroni and cheese pie
Now make your Mac & Cheese Filling by mixing together in a saucepan over medium heat:
- 8 oz. cooked elbow macaroni (that is about 4-5 cups cooked)
- 2 eggs, beaten,
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I love Daisy!)
- 1 teas ground mustard
- pinch of nutmeg
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
Once you have a smooth consistency scoop into prepared muffin tins. You will have a little extra you can bake separately. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with 1/2-1 cup additional shredded white cheddar cheese to gloss & moisten and put in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly and used a knife to loosen crust from pan and it will pop out easily.
Macaroni cheese pie
These are seriously that simple and oh so delicious! Adults and kids alike will be asking for more of these beauties! Makes a wonderful appetizer or simple lunch. Leftover reheat easily in the microwave while remaining their shape and texture! Enjoy!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Easy Mac and Cheese Pies
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
Creamy Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked (about 4-5 cups cooked)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch nutmeg
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the Ritz crackers, cheese, and salted butter in a blender for a quick & easy crust. Note: You can make this with regular yellow cheddar, but the white is wonderful. You can also mix it up by crushing and mixing by hand, but the blender makes it so easy!
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix the remaining cheese, spices, beaten eggs, sour cream and cooked pasta until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Once you have a smooth consistency scoop into prepared muffin tins. You will have a little extra you can bake separately. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with 1/2-1 cup additional shredded white cheddar cheese to gloss & moisten and put in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and used a knife to loosen crust from pan and it will pop out easily.