Do your kids love maccaroni and cheese? Of course they do – it’s a classic. Well, this childhood favorite dish is getting a fun makeover with our mac and cheese pies. Your whole family is going to love this macaroni pie to serve as an appetizer, tea party with kids, or just a fun weekday dinner that is simple and super yummy too. This is just like sweetie pie mac and cheese recipe except you can whip up this recipe in your own kitchen!
Mac and cheese pies
Recently I was looking for a fun appetizer my kids would love! After not seeing exactly what I was looking for I decided to make my own. What I came up with was too good not to share! I turned kid favorite mac and cheese into mac and cheese pies. YUM! This delicious sweetie pie mac and cheese doesn’t sacrifice any of they creamy goodness that makes up classic maccaroni and cheese, but adds a buttery, tasty ritz cracker crust for an extra punch.
Sweetie pie mac and cheese
To make the crust mix: 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, and 4 TAB salted butter. I use a blender for a quick & easy crust, but you can crush & mix together if you prefer. Note: You can make this with regular yellow cheddar, but the white is wonderful =-)
Press the crust mixture into the bottom and up partially up the sides of a greased (Pam spray works great) muffin pan. Don’t make the crust too thick – trust me these will pop right out easily! It should fill 10-12 muffins tins depending on how thick your crust is.
Macaroni and cheese pie
Now make your Mac & Cheese Filling by mixing together in a saucepan over medium heat:
- 8 oz. cooked elbow macaroni (that is about 4-5 cups cooked)
- 2 eggs, beaten,
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I love Daisy!)
- 1 teas ground mustard
- pinch of nutmeg
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
Once you have a smooth consistency scoop into prepared muffin tins. You will have a little extra you can bake separately. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with 1/2-1 cup additional shredded white cheddar cheese to gloss & moisten and put in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly and used a knife to loosen crust from pan and it will pop out easily.
Macaroni cheese pie
These are seriously that simple and oh so delicious! Adults and kids alike will be asking for more of these beauties! Makes a wonderful appetizer or simple lunch. Leftover reheat easily in the microwave while remaining their shape and texture! Enjoy!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Easy Mac and Cheese Pies are buttery and oh-so-yummy!
- Healthy Avocado Egg Salad
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Easy Mac and Cheese Pies
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
Creamy Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked (about 4-5 cups cooked)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch nutmeg
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the Ritz crackers, cheese, and salted butter in a blender for a quick & easy crust. Note: You can make this with regular yellow cheddar, but the white is wonderful. You can also mix it up by crushing and mixing by hand, but the blender makes it so easy!
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix the remaining cheese, spices, beaten eggs, sour cream and cooked pasta until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Once you have a smooth consistency scoop into prepared muffin tins. You will have a little extra you can bake separately. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with 1/2-1 cup additional shredded white cheddar cheese to gloss & moisten and put in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and used a knife to loosen crust from pan and it will pop out easily.