This cashew chicken is a yummy recipe to make homemade Chinese food. Making chinese food from scratch not only helps eliminate MSG for those of us who have an averstion to it, but also allows us to control the ingredients better to eat quality, nutritious ingredients. This cashew chicken recipe is super easy to make, light and healthy too! My family loves the cashew chicken sauce and I love the extra protein in the chicken with cashew nuts.
Cashew chicken is one of our favorite foods is Chinese food! It is easy to make, loaded with vegetables, and tastes fantastic. Plus my husband loves using his new wok that makes cooking and clean-up a breeze. This chicken cashew stir fry has a light, but flavorful sauce, healthy vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, and red peppers, plus juicy chicken. This cashew chicken recipe has a satisfying crunch with the nuts and is super delicious too! Plus this chicken and cashew stir fry is not only healthy, but super easy to whip together for a weekday dinner. So take 20-30 minutes tonight and whip up a batch of this cashew stir fry.
Cashew chicken recipe
Cashew stir fry
Next chop your onion, broccoli, red peppers, and garlic.
Chicken and cashew stir fry
Heat another Tablespoon of oil in your pan and cook broccoli, onion, red pepper, and garlic for about 5-7 minutes until starting to get soft, but still a little crunchy.
Meanwhile mix your sauce: soy sauce, orange juice, hoisin sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and cilantro (optional).
Chicken with cashew nuts
When veggies are done, add the sauce, cooked chicken, and cashews and toss over medium heat for about 5 minutes so flavors blend. Serve over a bed of rice.
Chicken cashew stir fry
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Yummy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Light & EASY Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopoped
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- In skillet cook chicken in 1 Tablespoon oil until cooked throughout; set aside. Add another Tablespoon oil and cook broccoli, onion, and red pepper. for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, orange juice, and hoisin sauce in a bowl. When veggies are done add back in the chicken, sauce, cilantro, and crushed red pepper for 5 minutes so flavors can mix. Serve over rice.