This cashew chicken is a yummy recipe to make homemade Chinese food. Making chinese food from scratch not only helps eliminate MSG for those of us who have an averstion to it, but also allows us to control the ingredients better to eat quality, nutritious ingredients. This cashew chicken recipe is super easy to make, light and healthy too! My family loves the cashew chicken sauce and I love the extra protein in the chicken with cashew nuts.
Cashew chicken is one of our favorite foods is Chinese food! It is easy to make, loaded with vegetables, and tastes fantastic. Plus my husband loves using his new wok that makes cooking and clean-up a breeze. This chicken cashew stir fry has a light, but flavorful sauce, healthy vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, and red peppers, plus juicy chicken. This cashew chicken recipe has a satisfying crunch with the nuts and is super delicious too! Plus this chicken and cashew stir fry is not only healthy, but super easy to whip together for a weekday dinner. So take 20-30 minutes tonight and whip up a batch of this cashew stir fry.
Cashew chicken recipe
Cashew stir fry
Next chop your onion, broccoli, red peppers, and garlic.
Chicken and cashew stir fry
Heat another Tablespoon of oil in your pan and cook broccoli, onion, red pepper, and garlic for about 5-7 minutes until starting to get soft, but still a little crunchy.
Meanwhile mix your sauce: soy sauce, orange juice, hoisin sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and cilantro (optional).
Chicken with cashew nuts
When veggies are done, add the sauce, cooked chicken, and cashews and toss over medium heat for about 5 minutes so flavors blend. Serve over a bed of rice.
Chicken cashew stir fry
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Light & EASY Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopoped
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- In skillet cook chicken in 1 Tablespoon oil until cooked throughout; set aside. Add another Tablespoon oil and cook broccoli, onion, and red pepper. for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, orange juice, and hoisin sauce in a bowl. When veggies are done add back in the chicken, sauce, cilantro, and crushed red pepper for 5 minutes so flavors can mix. Serve over rice.
Made this dish last weekend and it was a huge success! Delicious recipe, thank you.