This quick and easy to make Instapot Lemon Chicken is tender and bursting with flavor! Serve it with pasta or rice and a green vegetable for a yummy, healthy dinner!
If you are like most parents, weekdays can be hectic! Between work, taking kids to extra curricular events like soccer / dance / piano, and doing homework getting food on the table can be tough! That’s why I like to have some quick and easy dinners ready for busy weeknights or even weekends. Just because a meal is quick to cook, doesn’t mean it isn’t mouth watering and delicious! You just need the right recipes.
One of my favorite ways to make dinner recipes is in my insta pot. I love that with this quick dinner ideas, you can go from frozen chicken to moist, flavorful chicken in 30 minutes! So for some of us forgetful moms, we can still make a delicious hot supper even if we forgot to thaw the meat! Or throw in a recipe before you leave – you will love the hearty smell that welcomes you home after a long day at work.
Instapot Lemon Chicken
To start making your instapot chicken, Set pressure cooker to sauté. Now add 3 Tablespoons butter or olive oil, 1/2 cup diced yellow onions, 4 cloves minced garlic and spices: paprika, pepper parsley, Italian seasoning and rosemary. Sauté until onions are softened.
Add 4 chicken breasts while on sauté mode and braise (brown) each side of chicken until slightly golden. Now pour 3/4 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 cup if frozen), 2 Tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt over chicken and stir. Lock the lid into place and close the steam valve. Set Instant Pot to poultry setting for 6-7 minutes thawed or 11-12 minutes if frozen.
HINT: For extra lemon flavor before juicing your lemon zest the peel and add to pot.
While chicken is cooking, make your pasta noodles per directions on package, any noodle works well with the lemon chicken glaze.
Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe
This easy lemon chicken is so tender, juicy, and bursting with lemony flavor it is bound to be one of your families new favorite recipes!
When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure. (Remember you can’t open the lid as soon as it beeps, you need to release the pressure that allowed your chicken to cook so quickly! See you manual for complete instructions but basically you move your dial to quick release and steam will begin coming out, when the pressure valve drops you know it is safe to open your pot and remove your Italian chicken!
Remove the lid, using tongs take the chicken out of the inner pot and keep the liquid mixture in the pot, set the instant pot to saute once more, add 1 Tablespoon flour and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream and whisk with the lemon sauce in the pan until thickened. Add additional salt to taste.
Pour sauce over your pasta and serve with the mouth watering chicken. Feel free to add a tossed side salad or green vegetable to complete your meal.
Often times I like to serve my family plates of food just like they bring at a restaurant. We have 6 children with 3 under 5 so passing heavy bowls can be difficult at times. So I scoop up each plate with pasta, a piece of chicken, and a ladle full or sauce. Top with parmesan and parsley to garnish if you like. Then each of my children take their plate to the table. This avoids passing, dirtying another serving dish, and allows me to give each child an appropriate size portion.
30 minute meals
You will love this quick and easy dinner ideas that will get food on the table quickly! It’s amazing to see how this frozen chicken recipes is done so quickly, but yet produces such a juicy, tender, and flavorful lemon chicken dish!
Instapot Lemon Chicken
- Instapot / Pressure Cooker
- 4 large chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth (if using frozen chicken 1/2 cup only)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablesppon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese to garnish
- 1 pound pasta noodles (bow tie, shells, penne, etc.)
- Set instant pot or pressure cooker to sauté’, add butter, onion, garlic and spices: paprika, pepper parsley, Italian seasoning and rosemary. Sauté until onions are softened.
- Add chicken while on sauté’ mode and braise (brown) each side of chicken until slightly golden brown. Now pour 3/4 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 cup if the chicken is still frozen), 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon) and salt over chicken and stir. Lock the lid into place and close the steam valve. Set Instant Pot to poultry setting for 6-7 minutes thawed and 11-12 minutes if frozen.
- While chicken is cooking, make your pasta noodles per directions on package, any noodle is goes well with this lemon chicken.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure. Remove the lid, using tongs take the chicken out of the inner pot and cover with foil to keep warm while you finish the lemon chicken sauce.
- Keep the liquid mixture in the pot, set the pressure cooker to sauté once more. Add flour and heavy cream; whisk until thickened. Add salt to taste.
- Pour sauce over lemon chicken and pasta. Serve with tossed green salad or vegetable to complete your meal. Enjoy!