Whether you are whipping up appetizers for friends or family, are prepparing some desserts for a game night, looking for a fun super bowl dip, or are just looking for a easy dessert – you will love this oreo cheeseball. This dessert cheese ball is quick and easy to make, but oh-so-yummy! We like to serve this sweet cheese ball with pretzels, apple clices, vanilla wafers, etc. Your guests will be asking for this oreo cream cheese balls recipe!
With how satisfying this sweet dip is, you’d never guess it is so easy! But this oreo cheese ball is very simple to make. You can whip it up in a matter of minutes and then let it chill if you like to let the flavors mingle. I love serving this crowd pleasing favorite oreo ball recipe at any and all occassions from parties to potlucks, family gamnights to company parties. This dessert cheeeseball is always a favorite! Let me show you how to make this easy appetizer recipe!
Dessert Cheese Ball
All you need are a few simple ingredients to make this yummy dessert recipe:
- cream cheese
- powered sugar
- Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies
- cocoa powder
- dippers such as pretzels, vanilla wafers, apples, etc.
Sweet Cheese Ball
Although you can make this in a mixer or beat it by hand, I prefer to make mine in my convenient food processor! Dump in 8 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 3 chocolate sandwich cookie. Turn it on and whip until smooth.
I scoop my mixture into a large ziplock bag and put it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to serve so it hold a shape more easily and is easy to store in the fridge!
Oreo Cream Cheese Balls
Wipe out the food processor and toss in 20 Oreo cookies (with cream filling removed) with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Pulse until you have a fine powder.
HINT: Keep coating in a large ziplock bag until ready to coat the cheeseball. THis makes for a quick make-ahead appetizer or dessert!
Oreo Ball Recipe
When you are ready to put the cheese ball together, get out your refrigerated cream cheese ball. Press to make a ball. Now open the bag and plop the large cheese ball in the bag of oreo crumbs. Toss the cookie crumbles around the cheeseball to coat completely and turn it onto a platter. Look how pretty it is!
Serve the Oreo cheesecake dessert dip with pretels, crackers, vanilla wafers, apple slices, etc. It looks so pretty on a plate and is such a crowd pleaser!
Oreo Cheese Ball
My guests comment all the time on how this is the perfect dessert dip because it is sweet and satisfying without being “too” sweet!
We never have any leftovers, but if you happen to be entertaining a small crowd and have any – you woudl store the cheeseball back in the cookie crumb ziplock back in the referigerator.
HINT: You could make mini cheese balls for a very fancy appetizer that could be served individually!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
EASY, Dessert Oreo Cheese Ball Recipe
- Food processor optional
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 20 Oreo Sandwich Cookies filling removed
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large ziplock bags optional
- Items to dip: pretzels, vanilla wafers, apples, crackers, etc.
- in food processor mix 8 oz cream cheese, ½ cup butter softened, 2 cups powered sugar and 3 oreos. Form into ball and refrigerate until set. (hint : I scoop it in a ziplock bag to make it easier to shape and store in fridge. Meanwhile remove filling and crush 20 oreos with 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (I do it in food processor). When cheese ball ready, roll in oreo crumbs and serve on plate surrounded by pretzels, vanilla wafers, apples, etc.