This pineapple cheese ball is the perfect cheese ball recipe! It is slightly sweet with an amazing flavor that will be a favorite with kids and grown ups alike. Eat this pineapple dip with your favorite crackers such as Townhouse or Ritz and you are ready. Our pineapple cheese ball recipe is one of my most requested recipes and will become your new go-to appetizer recipes. This is seriously YUMMY!
Sweet pineapple cheese ball
I love appetizers! No big meals to make, just lots of little tasty dishes to sample – it totally appeals the foodie in me! Our family serves appetizers for dinner on some weeknights, along with game night, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, before Thanksgiving dinner, and lots of time when we have groups of friends over to gab or play games.
When serving appetizers the trick is to offer a variety so you don’t end up with too many starch, meat, or sweet appetizers. Our “go to” appetizers are easy crockpot meatballs, potato skins, bacon wrapped chestnuts, muddy buddies, and this delicious pineapple cheese ball recipe. We like trying new recipes like this yummy spinach artichoke dip, quiches, and anything chocolate is always great. But this easy cheese ball recipe has earned it’s place as tradition and “the cheeseball we always make” in our home. I know you will love it too!
Pineapple cream cheese dip
Unlike many other cheese ball recipes that are hard to spread or filled with really strong cheeses (like blue cheese that most kids… and even some adults don’t like) – this cheese ball is a little sweet. The gentle sweetness of the pine apple contrasted with the tart / sour onion taste gives a lot of depth to flavor that your guests won’t even realize what is in it – just that they like your appetizer dish! You will love the slight Hawaiian flavor of this easy cheese ball. Plus it is so quick to whip up and looks really pretty with it’s pop of red and yellow too!
Pineapple Cheese Ball
Nothing goes better at a party than a cheese ball with crackers. It is delicious, elegant, and easy to prepare. This pineapple cheese ball recipe is the perfect cheese ball because it is slightly sweet with a little “hm” what is that mixed in that makes it sooooo yummy! It is a favorite with kids, parents, and picky eaters too. Plus, this cheese ball recipe only takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip together!
I like to use two 16 oz blocks of full fat Philadelphia cream cheese and let it sit on the counter about an hour to soften up a little big. Then put it in a large bowl and use a mixer or electric beaters to whip up the cheese into a creamy spread. It only takes a couple minutes. If you can do that by hand – you are my hero!
Cream cheese pineapple dip
Chop up 1/2 pepper and add to the cream cheese mixture. I like to use red peppers because they have such a robust and sweet flavor; plus they give it a pretty pop of color. You want to chop them up to less than 1″ each.
Next, add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with the extra liquid squeezed out. My kids like to call this a hawaiian cheese ball because of the pineapple in it.
Then, add 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion. (Don’t skip this, it contrasts with the sweet pineapple beautifully to give it that WOW – what is that flavor moment.)
Hawaiian cheese ball
Finally sprinkle lightly with salt and mix all the ingredients in the mixer until well blended; it only takes 1-2 minutes.
Pineapple cheese ball recipe
Look how creamy it looks! Go ahead, I know you want to snitch a taste of this cheese ball recipe with pineapple – crazy good, right?!
Easy pineapple cheese ball
Now if you want to – you can serve the pineapple dip right now for a super quick 5 minute appetizer. Of if you are prepareing dishes ahead and have some time, allowing the flavors to hang out together will make it EVEN YUMMIER!
Using a spatula pile up the cheese ball in to a ball in the center of the bowl and chill for about 2 hours, although you can chill it overnight if you like. Just makes sure you cover it in foil so it doesn’t pick up any flavors from your fridge.
Hint: Chilling not only makes it easier to shape and coat with walnuts, but it also allows the flavors to blend.
Cheese ball recipe with pineapple
Using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a ball. If you don’t like to get your hands dirty just scoop the cheese mixture onto parchment or wax paper. Then, only touching the paper shape into a ball and peel back the paepr.
Finally, roll the cheesball in walnut pieces to coat all over. Not only does this help it looks spectacular – a real Martha Stewart worthy appetizer, but the walnuts provide protein to balance out the sugar in the crackers your family and friends are going to eat.
Pineapple cream cheese ball
Place the cheese on the center of a large plate or platter and serve with your favorite crackers around it. Doesn’t it look so pretty! Personally, I think buttery crackers like Townhouse or Ritz go best with this appetizer!
Best cheese ball Recipe
Seriously guys, this is a do not miss recipe that will be your families new go to appetizer recipe. You can whip it up with just 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes! WOW!
The creamy dip has such a wonderful flavor with just a hint of sweet and little sas. Even picky eaters will gobble this up and ask for seconds!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Perfect Pineapple Cheeseball Recipe
- 2 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 mediume red pepper, chopped small
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion (Don’t skip this, it contrasts with the sweet pineapple beautifully)
- dash salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 box Townhouse Crackers (or Ritz)
- In a mixer add 2 blocks of cream cheese; cream together.
- Add chopped pepper, crushed pineapple, dash of salt, and onion to cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill for 20 minutes or overnight. (this will help the flavors mingle and make it easier to shape)
- Using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a ball and roll in walnut pieces. Place on cheese platter and serve with your favorite crackers.