If you like pizza, you are going to LOVE this simple, easy-to-make Pizza Quesadilla recipe. This is one of our family favorite lunch recipes.
I feel like we always have the same old boring lunches at our house. Anyone else feel like that? So I am always on the lookout for a yummy, inexpensive, and easy lunch ideas! These pizza quesadillas are quick and easy lunch idea!
We recently got a quesadilla maker on clearance at Kohls (also seen them super cheap at Target) so I was wanting to play with my new toy and my kids loooove pizza, so I decided to put two kid favorite foods together to make a yummy lunch for kids!
To make this easy lunch recipe all you need is flour tortilla shells, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and a quesadilla maker or hot griddle. Mom will love how easy it is to make lunch; kids will love the combination of two kid favorite meals to make mouthwatering pizza quesadillas!
Pepperoni pizza quesadilla
Start by grabbing two flour tortillas. You want them to be the same size as your quesadilla maker – generally 10-12″ . Now using a spoon spread canned pizza sauce on one side of one of the flour tortillas. You can certainly make homemade pizza sauce, but what I love about this lunchtime meal is that it is EASY! So stock your pantry with canned or jared pizza sauce like ragu, market patry brand, or your favorite organic pizza sauce from Whole Foods.
Quick Easy Meals
Now sprinkle with mozzarella or pizza cheese and pepperoni – or any other toppings your family likes. Our families other favorite filling is canadian ham and pineapple tidbits.
HINT Don’t add too much cheese or it will ooze out the sides.
Quesadilla Maker Recipes
Now place the second flour tortilla on top of the cheese to make sandwich of sorts. Place on heated quesadilla maker and follow direction – it only takes 3-5 minutes to warm the ingredients, melt the cheese, and get a nice crispy quesadilla.
Optional: If you want a nice golden brown on your quesadillas you may want to butter your pan or spray with a Pam. This helps it brown and have the nice crispy exterior.
We use a quesadilla maker we bought for 90% off at Kohls, but you can easily use a griddle which not only works perfectly, but has the added bonus of being able to do 2-3 quesadillas at a time! That is a real time saver for those of us with big families! The only real downside is you have to flip your quesadilla half way through to brown both sides. We cooked ours 3-5 minutes each side.
Lunch Ideas for Kids
Cut the quesadilla on a cutting board or box using a pizza slicer into 6 slices. You can start eating the quesadillas while they are hot by giving a slice or two per person, or wait and have them all together so your toddler and preschoolers lunch will be nice and cool when they eat.
Quesadilla pizza school lunch
This is also a quick lunch to whip you and put in your child’s lunchbox. Put the cooled slices in their lunch box with an optional container of pizza sauce for dipping. Kids don’t seem to mind that it is cold! Add some grapes and sliced peppers and you’ve got a delicious and nutritious lunch kids will brag about to their friends!
So even if you are busy dashing to and from the library, running errands, mom and me classes, ballet, gym time, or preschool drop off – buys moms will have time to whip up this this easy recipe up for last minute lunches!
Do your kids love quesadillas? Try these other variations:
- bbq sauce, leftover chicken, red onions, cheddar cheese, and cilantro
- alfredo sauce, leftover chicken strips, sauted peppers, and parmesan cheese
- marinera sauce, quartered meatballs, mozzarella sauce
- apples and shredded cheddar cheese
- peanut butter and banana
- marshmallow and peanut butter
- marshmallow and peanut butter
- peanut butter and nutilla (or mini chocolate chips)
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here