If you like pizza, you are going to LOVE this simple, easy-to-make Pizza Quesadilla recipe. This pizza recipe is one of our family favorite lunch recipes. We love that it is quick to make with a satisfying taste and it’s filling too. Plus what kid doesn’t love pizza?!
I feel like we always have the same old boring lunches at our house. Anyone else feel like that? So I am always on the lookout for a yummy, inexpensive, and easy lunch ideas! These pizza quesadillas are quick and easy lunch idea!
We recently got a quesadilla maker on clearance at Kohls (also seen them super cheap at Target) so I was wanting to play with my new toy and my kids loooove pizza, so I decided to put two kid favorite foods together to make a yummy lunch for kids!
And if your kids are huge pizza fans, you MUST try our Breakfast Pizza and Taco Pizza (with doritos on top)
To make this easy lunch recipe all you need is flour tortilla shells, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and a quesadilla maker or hot griddle. Mom will love how easy it is to make lunch; kids will love the combination of two kid favorite meals to make mouthwatering pizza quesadillas!
Pepperoni pizza quesadilla
Start by grabbing two flour tortillas. You want them to be the same size as your quesadilla maker – generally 10-12″ . Now using a spoon spread canned pizza sauce on one side of one of the flour tortillas. You can certainly make homemade pizza sauce, but what I love about this lunchtime meal is that it is EASY! So stock your pantry with canned or jared pizza sauce like ragu, market patry brand, or your favorite organic pizza sauce from Whole Foods.
Quick Easy Meals
Now sprinkle with mozzarella or pizza cheese and pepperoni – or any other toppings your family likes. Our families other favorite filling is canadian ham and pineapple tidbits.
HINT Don’t add too much cheese or it will ooze out the sides.
Quesadilla Maker Recipes
Now place the second flour tortilla on top of the cheese to make sandwich of sorts. Place on heated quesadilla maker and follow direction – it only takes 3-5 minutes to warm the ingredients, melt the cheese, and get a nice crispy quesadilla.
Optional: If you want a nice golden brown on your quesadillas you may want to butter your pan or spray with a Pam. This helps it brown and have the nice crispy exterior.
We use a quesadilla maker we bought for 90% off at Kohls, but you can easily use a griddle which not only works perfectly, but has the added bonus of being able to do 2-3 quesadillas at a time! That is a real time saver for those of us with big families! The only real downside is you have to flip your quesadilla half way through to brown both sides. We cooked ours 3-5 minutes each side.
Lunch Ideas for Kids
Cut the quesadilla on a cutting board or box using a pizza slicer into 6 slices. You can start eating the quesadillas while they are hot by giving a slice or two per person, or wait and have them all together so your toddler and preschoolers lunch will be nice and cool when they eat.
Quesadilla pizza school lunch
This is also a quick lunch to whip you and put in your child’s lunchbox. Put the cooled slices in their lunch box with an optional container of pizza sauce for dipping. Kids don’t seem to mind that it is cold! Add some grapes and sliced peppers and you’ve got a delicious and nutritious lunch kids will brag about to their friends!
So even if you are busy dashing to and from the library, running errands, mom and me classes, ballet, gym time, or preschool drop off – buys moms will have time to whip up this this easy recipe up for last minute lunches!
Do your kids love quesadillas? Try these other variations:
- bbq sauce, leftover chicken, red onions, cheddar cheese, and cilantro
- alfredo sauce, leftover chicken strips, sauted peppers, and parmesan cheese
- marinera sauce, quartered meatballs, mozzarella sauce
- apples and shredded cheddar cheese
- peanut butter and banana
- marshmallow and peanut butter
- marshmallow and peanut butter
- peanut butter and nutilla (or mini chocolate chips)
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast