Chili can be hit or miss with many kids. But this Sweet Chili Recipe is always a favorite with everyone who tries it! The slightly sweet sauce combined with the baked beans and ground beef are a welcome comfort food all year long! Plus this chili recipe is super easy to throw together! This recipe is sure to be a favorite with your whole family.
Sweet Chili Recipe
Fall is our families favorite season. I don’t know if it is the brisk mornings, the beauty of colorful falling leaves, going to the pumpkin patch or the warm homemade soups with homemade bread. But whatever it is, our favorite sweet chili recipe is perfect to make any day for a quick supper!
Best Sweet Chili Recipe
Start out by cutting up and cooking 4-6 pieces of bacon in a large stock pot. We use bacon with no nitrates added. Cook bacon over medium, high heat until the bacon is lightly browned. It only takes about 3-5 minutes because it is already cut up.
Next, chop up one sweet pepper and cook in the bacon grease. Cooking the pepper in the bacon grease will add some extra flavor to your chili. You can use red, orange, yellow, purple or even the home grown chocolate pepper varieties. You will continue to cook the pepper and bacon in the pan another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent over growning.
Sweet Chilli Recipe
Then add 1 lb of lean ground beef to your easy sweet chili recipe. We use organic 100% grass fed and finished ground beef, but you could use ground turkey or steak meat if you prefer.
Now continue cook while you break apart he beef and stir this quick and easy dinner until the meat is cooked through.
Easy Chili Recipe
Finally the easy part is dumping in cans of baked beans, brown sugar or molasses, salt / pepper, corn, tomato sauce, and dry mustard (secret ingredient that adds a little something special to your easy sweet chili). Cook until heated thoroughly, about 7-8 more minutes.
Your recipe can be made quickly in stock pot taking only 20 minutes or you can let it hang out over low heat to let the flavors take longer to mix and develop into a rich, sweet, robust flavor your family will love.
HINT: You can make this crock pot and freezer friendly recipe in an instapot if you prefer by putting it on sauté to cook bacon, pepper, and beef before adding remaining ingredients and setting your pot to cook for 5 minutes.
Sweet chili recipe brown sugar
There are several different ways you can play around with and tweak your dinner recipe to make it perfect for your family. Here are a couple additional ingredients you can add to make it uniquely yours:
- fire roasted corn (has a deeper flavor)
- corn with pimientos (for a little extra kick)
- jalapenos (give your chili a sweet and tangy flavor
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce – adding barbecue sauce gives it a litte zesty twist to this chili recipe with brown sugar
- fire roasted tomatoes to add more healthy vegetables (okay so technically it is a fruit, but it is good for you!)
Best Soup Recipes
- Instapot Chicken Noodle Soup – You’ll never go back to store bough soup again with this easy to make, hearty, and incredibly flavorful recipe.
- Green Chicken Taco Soup – Do you like easy recipes? This quick recipe has such a rich flavor your family will love it!
- Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup – Our most popular soup recipe for good reason – rich, creamy, and chaulked with flavor and leftover turkey!
- Instapot Corn Chowder – Corn chowder has long been my husbands favorite soup, but now he only likes my award winning recipe that is loaded with potatoes and bacon to make it extra hearty and delicious!
- Easy Pumpkin Chili Recipe – This chili recipe is filled with good-for-you pumpkin that makes it a fall favorite for the whole family.
- Early Autumn Stew – A unique bend of sausage and apples that smells and tastes like your favorite fall memory.
BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 33 ounces tomato sauce (1 box)
- 1/4 cup molasses or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 large cans baked beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-2 cups corn, optional
- In a large stock pot cook 4-6 slices of cut up bacon over medium high heat until it looks about half way done – just about 2-3 minutes.
- Add a chopped pepper (any color) to the bacon and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 lb ground beef and continue to cook until book is thoroughly cooked.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking until heated thoroughly, about 7-8 more minutes.
- Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips.