The best sugar cookie recipes are the absolute best cookie recipe you’ll ever make. These easy sugar cookies recipe will melt in your mouth! These are the perfect valentine’s day sugar cookies, Christmas sugar cookie recipe, or everyday sugar cookie recipe for kids to cut out with their favorite cookie cutters and frost to their hearts content. These cookie taste even better than they look!
BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe
Here is our families favorite sugar cookie recipe. It’s kind of a secret so shhhhhh – don’t tell =) These best sugar cookies will literally melt in your mouth! They are delicious frosted or cook a couple minutes longer and eaten plan with a slight crunchy. We like our favorite sugar cookies nice and soft with a sweet, slighly almond flavored frosting. They are better than any cookies we’ve found at a bakery and make with quality ingredients we can trust because these are homemade sugar cookies! These will quicly become a much requeted, family favorite sugar cookie recipe in your homes too!
Melt in your Mouth Sugar Cookie Recipe
Preheat oven to 375 F. Blend together powdered sugar, softened butter, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
Favorite sugar cookie recipe
Next, stir in baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
You will have a dry dough. You can refrigerate for 2 hours if you want easier to handle dough and have the time. If not they can be rolled out right away.
Easy sugar cookie recipe
Dust your counter with powdered sugar or flour. Using hands squish dough together and then place on prepared counter. Using rolling pin to roll out cookies – keeping dough nice and thick (1/4” thick) for soft cookies.
Yummy sugar cookie recipe
Cut out and place on cookie sheet or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. (Lining the cookie sheet will make clean up a cinch!)
Christmas sugar cookie recipe
Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes for soft cookies, 10-12 minutes for crunchier cookies. Do not remove from cookie sheet until set (they may not look done at 8 minutes, but they are!)
Melt in your mouth sugar cookies
After 5-6 minutes carefully remove and put on wire racks to cool.
As they cool, whip up some homemade icing by mixing together 2 Tablespoons softened butter, 1/2 teas almond extract, and 3 cups powdered sugar. This will go on smooth and set up nicely to form a dry to touch smooth icing.
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipes
These sugar cookies when rolled out thick, only cooked for 8 minutes, and frosted are so soft they will melt in your mouth. They have the best flavor!!
These cookies are fun to decorate and make the perfect cookie to bake with kids! Depending on what cookie cutters you use this recipe is perfect for Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s Day, summer, fall, winter, spring, or for fun themed preschool units!
Valentine’s day sugar cookies
It’s our family tradition to make these pretty valentines day cookies using this favorite best sugar cookie recipe.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Blend together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg.
- Next, stir in baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
- You will have a dry dough. You can refrigerate for 2 hours if you want easier to handle dough and have the time. If not they can be rolled out right away.
- Dust your counter with powdered sugar or flour. Using hands squish dough together and then place on prepared counter. Using rolling pin to roll out cookies – keeping dough nice and thick (1/4” thick) for soft cookies. Cut out and place on cookie sheet or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes for soft cookies, 10-12 minutes for crunchier cookies. Do not remove from cookie sheet until set (they may not look done at 8 minutes, but they are!) After 5-6 minutes carefully remove and put on wire racks to cool.
- To ice mix 2 TAB softened butter, 1/2 teas almond extract, and 3 cups powdered sugar. This will go on smooth and set up nicely to form a dry to touch smooth icing.
Thank you for your sugar cookie recipe. I will try to make them this year. Will let you know how they turn out. We used the packaged sugar cookie pouches this year in my classroom. The students loved it.