For a real kid favorite without all the artificial nonsense, whip up an easy batch of this best ever mac and cheese. This warm pasta dish is creamy and oh-so-cheesy for that flavor you and your children crave. This best ever macaroni and cheese recipe is comfort food at its best; plus it is super simple to whip up for a quick weekday dinner. You can thank me later!
Best ever mac and cheese
This Best Ever Mac and Cheese Recipe is a family favorite of ours. It is simple to make, super creamy, and tastes amazing. You’ll never reach for that blue box again!
Best ever macaroni and cheese recipe
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 F. Then, cook 1 box of macaroni according to package directions. Then pour drained, cooked pasta in casserole dish.
Best ever mac and cheese recipe
In large pot melt 2 tablespoon butter until it melts; add in diced jalapeno (if you like it a little zesty like we do) and then stir in 2 tablespoon flour and cook over medium heat until it slights to ever so slightly brown.
Whisk in 3 cups milk, Stirring often as it will start to thicken somewhat. As you wait stir in 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 egg (beaten).
Finally add the 2 cups cheddar cheese stirring until well combined. Now pour mixture over cooked pasta and stir to combine.
Mac and cheese with croutons
Now mix together 1/2 cup crushed, seasoned croutons and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over mac and cheese.
Best ever mac n cheese
Cook for just 10 minutes for a creamier mac and cheese or 30 minutes for a more casserole / baked consistency.
HINT: To toast the top like we did just pull of the foil and broil the top for a couple minutes before serving.
Here is the best ever Mac and Cheese pulled straight out of the oven!
You are ready to serve up a classic, yummy dish without all the extra fat and preservatives! YUMMY!
Photography by http://www.latinamisfitonamission.com/
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Best Ever Mac and Cheese Recipe
This Best Ever Mac and Cheese Recipe is a family favorite of ours. It is simple to make, super creamy, and tastes amazing. You'll never reach for that blue box again!
- 1 box macaroni, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 cups milk
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Put cooked macaroni in casserole dish. Heat water and butter until butter melts (we zap in the microwave for about 30 seconds). Add hot mixture, milk, salt, mustard, nutmeg, and egg in a bowl and pour it over the cooked macaroni. Top with cheddar and jalapenos. Stir to combine. Sprinkle crushed croutons and Parmesan cheese over the top of the macaroni and cook 35-45 minutes or until set and light golden on the top.