You’ll be surprised by the amazing flavor and health advantages adding an avocado gives to this yummy avocado egg salad. This quick and easy sandwich idea not only makes this classic egg salad recipe healthier, but adds yummy flavor and creamyness to. Even kids wll love this avocado egg salad sandwich. So if you are looking for a new and exciting avocado recipe, this is one you must try!
Avocado egg salad
I’ll admit having an avocado egg salad sandwich sounds odd, but they are o-so-tasty, creamy, and good for you too! This egg and avocado salad is super simple to make and such a great way to make your lunch a litty yummier and better for you too. Give this avocado recipe a try and this will be your new go-to recipes!
Avocado egg salad sandwich
Hard boil 6 eggs; peal off the egg shell. Or, if you are a costco member, they sell pre-hardboiled eggs ready to go -no artificial anything. Just quick and easy hardboiled eggs ready to eat.
Egg and avocado salad
Now you’ll need 1 large or 2 medium, ripe avocados.
Avocados are SO good for you! This is a great way to sneak in this, good, healthy fat. Wondering what’s so good about avocados?
“Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients.”
Avocado egg salad no mayo
Smash up one large ripe avocado.
Healthy egg salad with avocado
Mix together 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1 smashed avocado, 1/3 cup mayo, 1 Tablespoon dry mustard, 3 Tablespoons bread and butter pickles chopped up, salt and pepper, and chopped hard boiled eggs.
Mix together; it may not look like much, but it is delicious, creamy and good for you!
Egg sandwich recipe
Scoop the mixture onto your favorite bread to make the best egg salad sandwich
Best sandwich recipes
You are never going to want to go back to an “old fashioned” egg salad sandwich! This one is creamier, yummier, and most of all healthier!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Easy Mac and Cheese Pies are buttery and oh-so-yummy!
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons pickles, diced small
- 1 tablespooon dry mustard
- dash salt & pepper
- 4-5 rolls
- Smash up 1 large or 2 medium/small ripe avocados (If you’ve never used Avocados, I slice mine in half by going around, pop it open, pluck out the seed, and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado)
- Add 6 hard boiled eggs (I use the Betty Crocker method: put eggs in saucepan & cover 1” over the top of eggs, bring to boil, cover and remove from heat and allow to stand only 18 minutes. Rinse immediately in cold water to prevent from cooking more which makes them impossible to peel). I then slice them (or rather my kids love to slice them) and then cut again lengthwise.
- Add red onions, mayo, bread and butter pickles, dry mustard, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on bread of your choice.