You’ll be surprised by the amazing flavor and health advantages adding an avocado gives to this yummy avocado egg salad. This quick and easy sandwich idea not only makes this classic egg salad recipe healthier, but adds yummy flavor and creamyness to. Even kids wll love this avocado egg salad sandwich. So if you are looking for a new and exciting avocado recipe, this is one you must try!
Avocado egg salad
I’ll admit having an avocado egg salad sandwich sounds odd, but they are o-so-tasty, creamy, and good for you too! This egg and avocado salad is super simple to make and such a great way to make your lunch a litty yummier and better for you too. Give this avocado recipe a try and this will be your new go-to recipes!
Avocado egg salad sandwich
Hard boil 6 eggs; peal off the egg shell. Or, if you are a costco member, they sell pre-hardboiled eggs ready to go -no artificial anything. Just quick and easy hardboiled eggs ready to eat.
Egg and avocado salad
Now you’ll need 1 large or 2 medium, ripe avocados.
Avocados are SO good for you! This is a great way to sneak in this, good, healthy fat. Wondering what’s so good about avocados?
“Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients.”
Avocado egg salad no mayo
Smash up one large ripe avocado.
Healthy egg salad with avocado
Mix together 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1 smashed avocado, 1/3 cup mayo, 1 Tablespoon dry mustard, 3 Tablespoons bread and butter pickles chopped up, salt and pepper, and chopped hard boiled eggs.
Mix together; it may not look like much, but it is delicious, creamy and good for you!
Egg sandwich recipe
Scoop the mixture onto your favorite bread to make the best egg salad sandwich
Best sandwich recipes
You are never going to want to go back to an “old fashioned” egg salad sandwich! This one is creamier, yummier, and most of all healthier!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons pickles, diced small
- 1 tablespooon dry mustard
- dash salt & pepper
- 4-5 rolls
- Smash up 1 large or 2 medium/small ripe avocados (If you’ve never used Avocados, I slice mine in half by going around, pop it open, pluck out the seed, and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado)
- Add 6 hard boiled eggs (I use the Betty Crocker method: put eggs in saucepan & cover 1” over the top of eggs, bring to boil, cover and remove from heat and allow to stand only 18 minutes. Rinse immediately in cold water to prevent from cooking more which makes them impossible to peel). I then slice them (or rather my kids love to slice them) and then cut again lengthwise.
- Add red onions, mayo, bread and butter pickles, dry mustard, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on bread of your choice.