This flavorful, creamy butternut squash pasta sauce tastes fantastic and is super healthy too! Your family is going to love this copycat dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe that is just like the storebought version, but better and cheaper! This yummy vto be your families new favorite way to serve quick and easy pasta. So pick up a butternut squash from the grocery store and try this delicious buttern nut squash recipe as your new pasta sauce recipe today.
Dave’s Gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Increase the flavor and vitamins and minerals by using butternut squash as the base for your tomato sauce recipe. Not only will it add a slightly sweet rich flavor, but the health factor just sky rocketed. They are a great source of fiber and vitamins A, C, E and B plus minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc. Plus it’s loaded with disease fighting antioxidants that protect against conditions like cancer, heart disease, and mental decline.
How to Cook Butternut Squash
Butternut squash has been such a popular food you can now buy it frozen cubed, fresh cubed in produce, or in ready to steam packs already split. But you can always cook a butternut squash easily on your own too. The squash themselves are easy to grow in your garden, or last a long time if you pick them up fresh from the groery storey. Plus you can cook them easily yourself so let me show you how to cook a butternut squash.
First cut the butternut squash in half.
Next scoop our the seeds in the small cavity.
Now you can cook it in the oven by baking it at 375 for 45 minutes, but we prefer to get our squash cooked quickly by covering it with plastic wrap and cook for 8-10 minutes in the microwave.
Dave’s gourmet butternut squash
In a large pot over medium heat melt 2-3 Tablespoons butter and add the following vegetables to cook until soft:
- 1/2 chopped red or yellow pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery
Now scoop out the cooked butternut squash into the pan.
Add 8 oz can of tomato paste
Stir and add 3 cups water, a splash (1/4 cup) heavy whipping cream or milk, and 1 teas sugar (optional).
Next season your pasta sauce with:
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teas Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teas Parsley
- 1 teas Oregano
Put your sauce (in 2 batches – it won’t fit into 1) into the blender on high until smooth. It will be silky smooth!
Serve over your favorite pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese if you like. It has an incredible flavor and will quickly become a family favorite!
Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce
Your homemade Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce will make 2x the quantity of the store bought jar, tastes better, and costs a whole lot less!
The smooth creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce on the left is the homemade one. The sauce to the right is some from Dave’s Gourmet.
You”ll find that this sauce will go a long way with your pasta. Plus you have 1 jar to eat for today’s meal and 1 jar to save for a lunch or later dinner – score!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2-3 tablespons butter
- 1 medium red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar or maple syrup
- dash salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 box pasta of choice, cooked
- First cut a butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter. Then add pepper, onion, garlic, and stalks of celery and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Using a spoon, scoop the cooked butternut squash into the pan; add tomato paste and stir.
- Stir and add 3 cups water, ) heavy whipping cream or milk, and sugar.
- Next season your pasta sauce with Salt & Pepper to taste, cayenne pepper, parsley, and oregano. Cook 5-10 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Serve over cooked pasta for a healthy, light, flavorful sauce your family will love!