This flavorful, creamy sauce tastes fantastic and is super healthy too! Your family is going to love this Butternut Squash pasta sauce that is just like Dave’s gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce, but better and cheaper!
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Recipe
How to Cook Butternut Squash
First cut the butternut squash in half.
Next scoop our the seeds in the small cavity.
Now cover with plastic wrap and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe
In a large pot over medium heat melt 2-3 TAB butter and add the following vegetables to cook until soft:
- 1/2 chopped red or yellow pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery
Scoop out the cooked butternut squash into the pan.
Add 8 oz can of tomato paste
Stir and add 3 cups water, a splash (1/4 cup) heavy whipping cream or milk, and 1 teas sugar (optional).
Next season your pasta sauce with:
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teas Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teas Parsley
- 1 teas Oregano
Put your sauce (in 2 batches – it won’t fit into 1) into the blender on high until smooth. It will be silky smooth!
Serve over your favorite pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese if you like. It has an incredible flavor and will quickly become a family favorite!
Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Copycat Recipe
Your homemade Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce will make 2x the quantity of the store bought jar, tastes better, and costs a whole lot less!
The smooth creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce on the left is the homemade one. The sauce to the right is some from Dave’s Gourmet.
You”ll find that this sauce will go a long way with your pasta. Plus you have 1 jar to eat for today’s meal and 1 jar to save for a lunch or later dinner – score!
FREE Family Meal Planner
Did you know that each month I release a FREE monthly family meal planner. In it you will find seasonal menus, recipes, and even a free printable weekly grocery list.
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2-3 tablespons butter
- 1 medium red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar or maple syrup
- dash salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 box pasta of choice, cooked
- First cut a butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter. Then add pepper, onion, garlic, and stalks of celery and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Using a spoon, scoop the cooked butternut squash into the pan; add tomato paste and stir.
- Stir and add 3 cups water, ) heavy whipping cream or milk, and sugar.
- Next season your pasta sauce with Salt & Pepper to taste, cayenne pepper, parsley, and oregano. Cook 5-10 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Serve over cooked pasta for a healthy, light, flavorful sauce your family will love!