Whether you have a bumper crop of zucchini or just enjoy this yummy summer treat, you are going to love this delicious zucchini coffee cake recipe.
Our Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole
- Yummy Breakfast Pizza
- Easy Crouton Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Apple Cake
- Dad McMuffins
- Mickey Potato Waffles
- Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Zucchini Coffee Cake
This recipe is more than just an excuse to use up extra zucchini! It has an amazing flavor and a delicious topping that make it a family favorite recipe in our house!
In a large bowl mix add 1 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Next, add 1/3 cup oil (we use canola/coconut blend for health reasons), 1 cup milk, and 1 egg.
Add in 1 teas baking soda,1 teas vanilla, and 1/2 teas salt.
Add the zest from 1 lemon (or orange if you prefer). It’s really not complicated to grate the peel and it will give it an amazing FLAVOR!
Now add in 2 1/2 cups flour.
Finally, mix in about 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini.
To make the coffee bread topping you are going to mix the following in a separate bowl and blend using a pastry blender (like you would use to make a pie crust)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup butter
Now butter or spray your 9×13 pan.
Spread 1/2 of your batter then sprinkle with 1/2 of your topping. Pour on the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
Put your Zucchini Coffee Cake in the oven at 350 F for 40 minutes.
Zucchini Cake Recipe
Oooooh it is smelling fantastic and looks so yummy…. but give it 5-10 minutes to cool before cutting and serving it up.
This zucchini coffee cake recipe will become a new favorite at your house. It is delicious, uses up zucchini, and the lemon gives it a special little something!
Zucchini Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup oil (I use canola / coconut blend)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspooon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded and patted dry
- 1 medium lemon, zested (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all cake ingredients. In a separate bowl mix up the topping and cut in the butter. Grease a 9x13 pan and put in 1/2 the cake batter and sprinkle with 1/2 the topping. Repeat by adding another layer with the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.