Do you enjoy making your own bread? Have you ever tried using a sourdough starter? You will love the self reliance that comes from making your own starter to use again and again in yeastless bread recipe like these mouthwatering Sourdough Crepes with bananas in caramel sauce.
Looking for a super yummy recipe for sourdough crepes? You will love this easy-t0-make, delicious Crepes with bananas in caramel sauce. Best part, this sourdough crepe recipe is a sourdough discard crepes. Delicious!
What is a sourdough starter?
Sourdough starters are the way people use to make bread way back when before we had commercially available yeast. With this simple method you can make your own yeast substitute with no special equipment in under a week. Starters are used in bread, pizza dough, waffles, pancakes, rolls, and our delicious sourdough crepes.
So whether you are out of yeast, looking for a natural way of cooking instead of using yeast, or looking to try something new – you will love making “wild” yeast. The substance is made from the flour’s natural bacteria, water and the wild yeast in the air around us.
If you don’t have a starter on hand, make one with a 4-cup wide mouth mason jar. Measure in 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup filtered water. Use a fork to mix it up into a thick paste (like peanut butter). Cover with damp towel or plastic wrap and let it sit on the counter (70-80 degrees) for 2 days. Discard half the starter; add 1 cup bread flour and 1/2 cup filtered water to the remaining starter in the mason jar. Cover for another day. Now twice a day for the next 3 days (am & pm) discard all but 1/2 cup of starter; add 1 cup bread flour and 1/2 cup filtered water. Now take 1 tablespoon from the top (without stirring) and put in glass of water – if it floats you are ready, if not feed it another couple days. Hint: If you need a break – put the mix in the refrigerator Use 1/3 cup starter to make bread. Store remaining starter in the fridge in sterile mason jar – make sure to feed it every week.
If it smells bad, start over you may have a contaminated jar. It should smell sweet =)
This is such an easy starter recipe to get you started baking with your starter! Begin by whisking together your sourdough starter, 3 eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.
Easy Starter Recipes
Heat a crepe pan or a skillet; spray the pan with non stick cooking spray or melt some butter. Now ladle several tablespoons of your batter onto the hot pan. Tip the pan to spread the batter around so it is a thin pancake.
Cook the crepe pancake for two minutes and then carefully flip for another 30 seconds. Continue until all of your batter is done.
Easy Crepe Recipes
Keep your crepes warm while you work on the filling.
Banana Crepe Recipes
Finally, in a medium skillet melt your butter; add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the maple syrup and cook until bubbly and sauce begins to thicken around 5 minutes. Slide in your bananas and cook until the bananas are soft.
Assemble your crepes and top with whipped cream and walnuts.
This sourdough crepe recipe is so yummy and easy to make. You’ll feel like you are dining at a nice restaurant with this decadent fancy dish, but it will only take you about 30 minutes to whip this breakfast recipe up.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Sourdough Crepes with Bananas in Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1'4 cup maple syrup
- 2 bananas thickly cut
- Whisk together the sourdough starter, 3 eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.Heat a crepe pan or a skillet with either nonstick spray or melted butter so the crepes don't stick.Ladle several Tablespoons of your batter onto the hot pan. Tip the pan to spread the batter around so it is a thin pancake.-cook for two minutes and then flip for another 30 seconds. Continue making additional crepes until all of your batter is done. Keep your crepes warm while you work on the filling by covering them or putting them in a warm oven.In a medium skillet, melt your butter. Now add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the maple syrup and cook until bubbly and sauce begins to thicken around 5 minutes. Finally, add in your bananas and cook until the bananas are soft.Assemble your crepes and top with whipped cream and walnuts.