In our quest to make healthy food we knew we needed to add more beans to our diet. Beans are a wonderful source of protein, very filling, nutritious, and cheap too! chickpea nuts is our families favorite garbanzo bean recipes. These dry roasted chickpeas have a wonderful flavor and are a very healthy and satisfying snack.
Garbanzo bean recipes
Garbanzo beans are not only healthy, but super yummy too. You will love this garbanzo bean recipe that gives them a little flavor and a little crunch to make them these dry roasted chickpeas a great snack for kids of all ages. The chick pean nuts are super satisfying with a delicious chili type seasoning. My kids love the crunch as it reminds them of chips, but a lot healthier and more filling too!
Cook Garbanzo beans per package directions. Basically you are going to soak them overnight in water. Rinse and return to a pot with 3 cups of water per cup. Boil then simmer for 1 hour. Drain.
Dry roasted chickpeas
Toss together 2 cups cooked Garbanzo beans and
- 1 TAB extra virgin olive oil (healthy fat)
- 1/2 teas salt (we like sea salt)
- 1/4 teas allspice
- 1 teas marjoram
- 2 teas chili powder
Easy roasted chickpeas
Pour on cookie sheet and cook the chickpea snack oven at 450 F for 25 minutes for delicious slightly soft or 32 minutes for crunchy garbanzo beans! YUMMY!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- BBQ Shredded chicken sandwich
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here