If you are looking for a yummy salad recipe, you’ve got to try this satisfying beet pear and goat cheese salad. The beets in this salad are so pretty and contrast so well with the white goat cheese for a really pretty summer or fall salad that is filled with lots of healthy, good-for-you vegetables. You won’t realize you are eating a healthy salad recipe because of the delicious flavors in this beetroot goats cheese salad!
Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
Tired of eating the same old boring salads? There are so many tasty, good salad recipes to try! Who said you needed to load up on carbs for a yummy lunch? This best salad recipe is quick and easy to make, but full of flavor for a satisfying lunch idea! This Beet Pear Goat Cheese Salad has a nice light dressing that balances out the tangy goatcheese and sweet beets and pear. Our favorite time to eat this good salad recipe is in the fall!
Beet Pear Goat Cheese Salad
To make this delicious salad recipe all you need are a few simple ingredients: Jump to Recipe
- 4 Cup Mixed Greens
- 1/2 Cup Candied Walnuts (we buy ours at Costco, but you can easily make them with walnut, sugar, and a skillet)
- 1 cup Cup Roasted Beets in slices (we also buy these pre-cooked beets from Costco)
- 4 oz Goat Cheese crumbles,
- 1/2 -1 cup pear slices
- Poppyseed dressing (pre-bought or homemade)
Beet Salad Recipe
This salad is super simple to make and layer up. Instead of making a big bowl where we may or may not eat it all and then things get soggy, I like to make my family individual, pretty salad plates. Each is just the right size for them.
Start by adding washed, spun dry mixed greens to a plate or salad bowl.
Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
Next, add the the sliced beets. If you buy the pre-cooked ones form Costco like we do, this step has been done for you. But if not, no worries it is easy to do; but you have to plan ahead. To cook the beets yourself there are two main methods I’ll share with you:
- Peel the beets with a vegetable peeler or knife. Slice beets into ½ to ¾ inch uniform pieces. Put beets on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Brush beets with with oil a so they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pre-heat oven on 350 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Roasted Beets us just the term to describe how you can cook beets to get them soft and ready to eat! Wash beets and trim the top and bottom. Put in foil packet and bake at 375 F for 1 hour. Remove from oven and once cool enough to handle the outer shell will easily be pushed off. Slice and add to your salad.
- FYI…. handling beets can stain your hands red for a day or so.
Beetroot Goats Cheese Salad
Now add sliced pears (we use this convenient pear slicer) and then sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles.
I never thought I liked goat cheest, but once I tried it I was hooked! It has such a creamy and distinct flavor.
Fall Salad Recipes
Sprinkle with candied walnuts. You can buy these already ready to go or you can easily make them yourself buy putting 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, honey, or maple syrup in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add in chopped walnuts when the sugar has liquified and stir for 1-2 minutes to completely coat the walnuts. Pour onto parchment paper to cool and harden before adding to your salad.
Poppyseed Dressing Recipe
Finally drizzle with poppy seed dressing. When my days are crazy, I really like Briannas Poppyseed Dressing (the one with the giant peach on it). But if I have time, it is really simple to make homemade poppyseed salad dressing!
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Good Salad Recipes
This Salad is not only delicious, but super pretty too. I love the bright red and how it contrasts with the white of the goat cheese and pretty greens.
Beetroot and Orange Salad
Take your salad to the next level try adding mandarin orange slices (drained from a can), swapping out feta cheese for the goat cheese, or using candied beets.
To candy beets simply put sugar, honey, or maple syrup in a non-stick skillet (this is pan I use and LOVE) and add beets. Toss as you cook over medium heat until a sticky, golden shell forms around the beats. Cool before adding to your salad. The addition of candying your vegetable makes a sweet, satisfying addition to your salad. I love the toasted outsides to give a little texture to my salad.
Healthy Salad Recipe
This is seriously one of the best salad recipes and one my family requests all the time. Yummy!
Best Salad Recipe
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- 1/2 cup Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup Roasted Beets, sliced
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese, crumbles
- 1 cup pear slices
- Poppyseed Dressing store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- If making salad dressing, mix all ingredients for 20 seconds in a blender. Chill.
- Layer mixed greens, beets, pears, goat cheese, and candied walnuts. Top with poppyseed dressing if you'd like.