Every year my son asks me to make this pepperoni cheeseball. It’s tradition! He loves that it looks like a football so it’s the perfect super bowl appetizer recipes, but I love that I can make it head and don’t have to reheat it making it the BEST super bowl dips! This game day appetizers can be made ahead and the flavor explosiong is amazing! This football appetizer is a favorite at all our parties, events, and potlucks too!
Jump to Recipe
Our families traditional pepperoni cheeseball looks like a football and is quick and EASY, making it the perfect super bowl appetizer recipe! We have lots of best super bowl dips we’ve tried, but this one combines the quick, make-ahead nature of a cheesball, with crowd pleasing pepperoni pizza flavor! This football appetizer is simple to make, but with such a satisfying flavor you will find you make this cheeseball recipes more than just February; it makes a great potluck dish, game night appetizer, and no-fuss party appetizer too!
All you need to make this simple cheese ball dip are a few simple ingredients:
- cream cheese,
- Italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- pepperoni slices
- sour cream or cream cheese (optional)
- Serve with pretzels, crackers, etc.
This part is optional if you are really short on time, but the amount of flavor packed in with this simple step is not-to-be-missed in my book! Start out by cooking 5-6 slices of bacon in your favorite skillet. I use this skillet as it is naturally non-stick and cooks things evently and QUICKLY!
HINT: To make it go quicker, you can cut or slice the bacon before cooking as small pieces of bacon cook quicker and save time crumbling later!
Super bowl dips
If you have hole slices of bacon, remove them now. If you pre-sliced the bacon, just leave it in the pan with the bacon grease. Add 1/2 cup diced onion to the bacon grease and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and lightly brown on the edges. Remove from heat.
Super bowl dip recipes
I love using my food processor because it does all the heavy lifting for me and I get this delicious pizza dip in just a couple seconds! Dump 16 oz cream cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 8 oz shredded mozzarella, ½ cup parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and onions, and drained pimientos in the food processor.
Best super bowl dips
Turn on your food processor or pulse until the mixture is smooth and even. It will smell amazing!
HINT: YOu can put the mixture in a ziplock bag and keep in the refrigerature for a couple hours or several days. Leaving it a couple hours is optional, but the flavors will blend and intensify just enough to give it a really deep, yummy flavor!
Super bowl appetizer recipes
Shape as a cheeseball, pizza, or football if you are using it for your game day appetizer!
Add pepperoni clices all over and around your dip. You can make them touch for a continuous layer, or leave spaces between.
Game day appetizers
I put sour cream in a ziplock bag and cut off the bottom corner. Now I can pipe the lace to give it the complete football look!
This is some serious comfort food here!
I love make-ahead appetizers that work around my busy schedule! When you are ready just pull it out and you are ready to finish your dip.
Whether you are making this yummy appetizer for a potluck, party, game night, or super bowl party – it is going to be a huge hit. We never have any leftovers!
Our guests always rave about the amazing flavor, consistency, and adorable look of this easy appetizer dip!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Pepperoni Football Cheeseball Appetizer Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces mozarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 package pepperoni slices (mini work best)
- 5-6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 ounces pimientos jar, drained
- sour cream or cream cheese additional to pipe
- Assorted Dippers: pretzels, crackers, pita chips, etc.
- In a frying pan cook 5-6 slices bacon. Cut up the bacon to speed it up!
- When bacon is browned, add 1/2 cup diced onion to the pan and cook over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor mix cream cheese, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cooked bacon & onion mixture, and drained jar of pimientos. Pulse until smooth.
- Scoop dip in a large ziplock bag and refrigerate until ready to serve. If you have time, give it a couple hours to let the flavors mix well and cream cheese set up and hold the shape better.
- When ready to serve, shape in a ball or football on a serving platter. Cover with pepperoni slices on sides and top.
- Add the lace line with perpendicular lines with sour cream or cream cheese in a ziplock bag with corner cut off.
- Serve with pretzels, pita chips, crackers, etc.