Easy Cheese Soufflé
Easy cheese soufflé casserole
- Pre heat oven to 350 F
- Measure 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg together in a little bowl.
- Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- Have 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ready
- Separate 6 eggs making sure the whites are in a bowl large enough to mix with 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar and an egg beater.
- Set out your 2 quart souffle dish or individual ramekins
Easy cheese soufflé recipe
Easy cheese soufflé recipe best
It’s amazing how far this recipe can stretch an egg! It is perfectly fluffy and scrumptious!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Easy Cheese Souffle Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspooon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs, seperated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Start out by separating 6 eggs. In the small bowl with the egg yolks add salt, pepper, ddry mustard, and nutmeg. The egg whites go in a small/medium bowl with 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar; use whisk or egg beater to mix until white and foamy.HINT: I like to set out the milk and cheese on the counter so it is ready.
- In large pot melt 6 butter; add 6 Tablespoons flour and whisk over low/medium heat until very slightly browning. Quickly whisk in milk, stirring constantly so no lumps form. When it has started to thicken remove from heat and add whisk in egg yolk mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Fold in egg white mixture and pour into ungreased souffle dish (or casserole pan).
- Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve IMMEDIATELY or it will start deflating. This makes a nice light dinner served with a salad or for brunch with potato casserole.