If you are looking for the best blueberry muffins, this is the recipe you’ve been searching for. It is easy, bursting with delicoius blueberry flavor, and has the most amazing topping – your taste buds will be dancing for joy at this yummy breakfast recipe! I could just eat the rich streussal topping on the blueberry muffin tops by themselves for breakfast! So try this blueberry recipe for a yummy blueberry muffin your whole family will love!
Best Blueberry Muffins
Have you ever been to a u pick farm to pick your own blue berries? If not your family should try it as a fun family activity. It is easy to do, and unlike picking strawberries that are so low to the ground and apples that are way up high – blueberry bushes are just the right height for everyone in your family to help! We were surprised at how many varieties of berries there are – and they all taste different! Some are sweet, some are tart, and some are bursting with the most incredible, mouth watering blueberry flavor you’ve ever tried. In our experience it is the tiny ones that taste the best!
Whether you are looking for blueberry muffin recipe to use up the bucketfulls of berries you picked or you got a quart from the grocery store – you will love this muffin recipe that will make it feel like summer. This is our tested, kid approved blueberry recipe that is sure to become a favorite with your family too.
Easy Bluberry Muffins
You will love that this recipe doesn’t require any fance ingredients, procedure, or pans. In fact, your probably have everything you need to whip up a batch of these yummy muffins right now! Our recipe makes 2 dozen blueberries -partly because we have a large family and partly because leftovers are great for snacks, throwing in lunch boxes, or freezing for a quick and easy breakfast.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Start preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. You will want a rack in the middle of the oven. Now in a large bowl, add 3 cups of all purpose flour, 1 + 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 4 teaspoons of baking powder. Stir with a spoon to mix.
Yummy Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Now in a 2 cup glass measuring cup add 2/3 cups vegetable (or canola) oil and 2 large eggs. Now add cold water until your reach the 2 cup line. Pour into your flour mixture.
Use a mixer, whisk, beater, or spoon (we use my convenient kitchen aid mixer) to mix together all ingredients until combined.
Now add in 3-4 cups blueberries. Use fresh, store bought, or frozen.
HINT: We get these amazingly flavorful tiny blueberries at Costco in the frozen isle and I highly recommend them!
Mix until combined. The more you mix, the more the homemade blueberry mix will turn blue from the color of the blueberries.
Make sure muffin tins have been filled with muffin wrappers, paper liners – my kids love helping with that part. Now using a spoon or measuring cup, fill muffin wrappers 1/2 to 2/3rds full of blueberry batter. We used 2 pans that each hold a dozen.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Now it’s time to quickly whip up the AMAZING streusal topping. Seriously, don’t skip this part because this really finishes off the world’s best blueberry muffins. TRUST ME!
In a medium bowl put 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup quick cook oats, 1 cup brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Stir with spoon. Now cut in with a pastry blender or 2 knives 1 stick of butter (that is 1/2 cup). We use organic salted butter, but use whatever you have on hand and prefer. Keep moxing until butter is small and well blended, less than the size of a pea.
Now sprinkle the mixture on top of each batter of our easy muffins recipes. There is a lot of topping so be generous and cover it so there is no batter showing.
Put them in the oven in the middle rack for 22 minutes (it can range from 20-25 minutes depending on your oven and altitude – they won’t move when you shake the pan, and will be set on the top.)
Allow muffins to cool for 2-5 minutes in the pan and pop out (I use a fork) and enjoy them warm!
This recipe works with any number of fruit! Substitute the blueberries for any berries, 4-5 smashed bananas, 2 cups of diced dried fruit – apples / pineapple / mango, etc. See what I mean about this being the best muffin recipe ever?!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Best Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ~1 cup water
- 3-4 cups blueberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup add oil, egg, and enough water to reach the 2 cup line. Mix with a fork. Now pour into dry ingredients until well mixed. Add in 3-4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) and mix. Use a spoon to scoop batter 1/2-2/3 full. You should have 24 muffins.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender or knives cut in the 1/2 cup softened butter until it is well mixed and there are no balls bigger than a pea. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the muffins in the tin until you can't see any batter. Load it up.
- Bake muffins for 22 minutes or until set at the top. Remove and allow to cool 2-5 minutes in the pan before serving.