Ever since I saw this amazingly creative idea over at one of my favorite food blogs – Hungry Happenings – I was determined to make it for my own family. Here is what I did:
- Squish together foil to resemble the shape of a carrot.
- Roll out crescent rolls (sheets or pinch together crescents). I used Garlic butter & they were DELICIOUS! Use a knife to cut rows about 1” tall.
- Loosely wrap the crescent strips around the foil.
- Mix an egg & a little orange food coloring & brush on crescent “carrots”.
- Bake 7 minutes at 400 F. Use spatula to loosen carrot & turn . Put back in the oven 2 minutes longer to cook/brown the bottom.
- Carefully slide foil out (use a knife if needed). Put on plate & fill with egg salad. Top with Parsley or other garnish to make the carrot tops.
TADA! My kids thought it was a super fun lunch!