You are going to love this tender, flavorful, and super easy to make pulled chicken slow cooker. WE love this bbq pulled chicken slow cooker as it is a dump it in the crock pot and forget it meal that is super yummy and great for company! This shredded chicken sandwich is perfect for a busy day or large gathering!
Shredded chicken sandwich
I love my crockpot! For busy Mom’s like me there is nothing like throwing everything in it and then at the end of the day (when I’m out of energy) dinner is ready. Love it! Here is one of my families favorite Crockpot Recipes, great for a busy day or for a big family gathering. This shredded chicken sandwich is easy and so satisfying! We LOVE to make these shredded chicken sandwich recipe for parties or when we are having a lot of company. And nothings says comfort food like bbq pulled chicken slow cooker. Yum! It is so easy to throw it all in the Crockpot and then 4-6 hours you have a delicious pull part beefy sandwich!
bbq pulled chicken slow cooker
Put 2 pounds of cut, trimmed chicken breast in your crock pot (or instapot)
Pulled chicken slow cooker
Top chicken with 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 large onion, chopped, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, bbq sauce, and 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (or sweetener of choice).
BBQ Pulled Chicken
Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro if you like.
Other alternatives to make this dish special and unique are 1/2 cup crushed pineapple or 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke, or 2-3 chopped jalapenos.
Pulled chicken sandwich
Cook on high for 2-4 hours, low for 6-8 hours. Alternatively, put in your instapot for 20 minutes and let is depressurize naturally for 10 minutes.
Shred this super tender, fall apart chicken with forks.
Shredded chicken sandwich recipe
Serve on a bun by itself or with coleslaw.
Pulled chicken sandwich recipe
This is the best sandwich recipe you’ll taste. It is so flavorful, moist, and deliciously BBQ.
This is the best meal to fix and forget about for a party, company, or Sunday lunch.
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Sweetie pie mac and cheese recipe
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Best Ever BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspooon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bar-b-que sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 8-10 hamburger buns
- Throw all the ingredients in your crockpot and cook on high 2-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Alternatively, you can throw everything in your Instapot and cook for 20 minutes, allow to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to pull apart, it will be so tender! Serve on buns with chips, coleslaw, carrot sticks, etc.