You are going to love this tender, flavorful, and super easy to make BBQ Chicken recipe you can easily make in a crockpot or instapot. Perfect for a busy day or large gathering!
Here are a few of our other family favorite recipes
- Bird Nest Treats – a fun spring/summer snack for kids
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream – Our go-to 3 ingredient recipe that costs $0.40 a serving
- Mac & Cheese Pies – yep, they are as good as they sound!
- Egg Bake – Simple to prepare the night before and bake the morning of – our go to recipe!
- Taco Pizza – Our families favorite pizza – DELICIOUS!
- Sweet Chili – What’s better than chili, sweet chili! EVERYONE loves this version!
- More Crock Pot Recipes
BBQ Chicken Sandwich
I love my crockpot! For busy Mom’s like me there is nothing like throwing everything in it and then at the end of the day (when I’m out of energy) dinner is ready. Love it! Here is one of my families favorite Crockpot Recipes, great for a busy day or for a big family gathering. It is easy and so satisfying! We LOVE to make these easy barbeque sandwiches for parties or when we are having a lot of company.
It is so easy to throw it all in the Crockpot and then 4-6 hours you have a delicious pull part beefy sandwich!
Put 2 pounds of cut, trimmed chicken breast in your crock pot (or instapot)
Top chicken with 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 large onion, chopped, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, bbq sauce, and 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (or sweetener of choice).
Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro if you like.
Other alternatives to make this dish special and unique are 1/2 cup crushed pineapple or 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke, or 2-3 chopped jalapenos.
BBQ Pulled Chicken
Cook on high for 2-4 hours, low for 6-8 hours. Alternatively, put in your instapot for 20 minutes and let is depressurize naturally for 10 minutes.
Shred this super tender, fall apart chicken with forks.
Serve on a bun by itself or with coleslaw.
This is the best sandwich recipe you’ll taste. It is so flavorful, moist, and deliciously BBQ.
This is the best meal to fix and forget about for a party, company, or Sunday lunch.
Best Ever BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspooon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bar-b-que sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 8-10 hamburger buns
- Throw all the ingredients in your crockpot and cook on high 2-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Alternatively, you can throw everything in your Instapot and cook for 20 minutes, allow to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to pull apart, it will be so tender! Serve on buns with chips, coleslaw, carrot sticks, etc.