Have you heard others talking about how to make snow ice cream? Does it sound weird or gross? Well we tried it and let me tell you that snow ice cream is delicious and a fun winter activity for kids.
Do your kids like the winter? Mine do.
I think a big part of that is that we do really fun kids activities that are unique to the winter season. Sure we can’t go to the park to fly a kite or swimming at the pool, but there are lots of fun things we can only do in winter!
EASY Snow Ice Cream Recipe
If you are ready to give this favorite winter activities for kids a try, here is how to make snow ice cream with our favorite two recipes. Now you may be wishing for fresh snow just as much as your kids do!
Start out by getting a big bowl of fresh snow.
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Next, add 1 can sweetened Condensed milk.
Mix all ingredients together to make a delicious, creamy vanilla snow ice cream.
My favorite snow ice cream recipe adds 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the above recipe to make ridiculously yummy chocolate ice cream!
This ice cream truly rivals “regular” ice cream except it is easier and such a fun winter activity for kids.
This EASY snow ice cream recipe works with any type of snow (packing or power) and will still give you delicious, creamy homemade ice cream using snow!
Here you have it. A serving of delicious vanilla snow ice cream – YUM! A large bowl will make about 8 servings.
More Winter Activities for Kids
- Creative Ways to Build a Snowman (with pictures)
- How to Make Snow Candy (historical winter activity for homeschoolers) (2 easy recipes)
- S is for Snowman Unit with lots of snowman crafts and activities
- Shaving Cream Snow Sensory Activity
- FREE Snowman Preschool Pack (Winter Worksheets for Kids 3-8 Years old)
- Winter Coloring Sheets
- Winter Creative Writing Prompts
- 100 Winter Crafts and Kids Activities
- Best Ever Tomato Soup
- FREE January Family Meal Plan (4 weeks of menus, recipes, and weekly printable grocery list)