This clever number line to 10 activity uses a fun flower theme to celebrate spring while working on number order and sequencing. Use this plant number line with preschool, pre-k, and kinderagrten age childre. This interactive, number line craft practices counting to 10, skip counting, even/odd numbers and more. Grab a couple simple supplies and you are ready for this Plant Math Activities for Preschoolers.
Number line to 10
This number line to 10 is such a fun flower math perfect for early learners to work on putting numbers in order on a number lines. Children learn to count through playing and this Plant Number Line is such an engaging math game to work on counting to 10, skip counting, and counting 11-20 too. From a young age you will hear them count, but does not mean they understand their counting. Practicing counting with an interactive number line activity like this one, helps to make counting concrete and thus more understandable. This is both a nubme rline craft and a math activity for preschoolers.
For this number line activity you need:
- A long cardboard roll
- Popsicle(craft) sticks, green
- Cupcake liners or circle cardboard or craft foam flowers
- Craft knife or sharp scissors
Number Line Craft
How to make
- Write the numbers onto the “flowers”
- Glue the “flowers” onto the sticks
- Make holes in the cardboard roll for the sticks to fit(I made the holes 5cm apart)
- Write the numbers under the holes
Plant Math Activities for Preschoolers
Add (“plant”) the flowers to the correct holes in this number line to 10. This works on number recognition and visual discrimination skills and fine motor too. Count the flowers, starting at number one, by pointing to each flower. Now your child’s brain will make the connection between the verbal and written letter names thus giving them the bigger picture than just rote counting.
Let your older kids practice to count backwards using the number line!
Interactive Number Line
Older kids can do skip counting too, or only plant uneven numbers/even numbers etc.
Use a bee or butterfly picture/toy and fly onto a flower (say Nr.2). Now the bee flies to one more flower (2+1=?). Then ask your child to count how many flowers the bee must fly past to get to Nr. 5, for example. (2 + ? = 5) These are just simple, number line for kindergarten math exercises you can do with this number line setup. I bet your child will love it!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- Flower Math Printable Writing Numbers 1-30 Practice
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace