This super cute, handson digraph activity is a fun way for early readers to identify digraphs for kids! In these flower digraph games students will make flowers by matching the petals to the digraph. This digraph kindergarten is way better than boring digraph worksheets! Simply print pdf file with digraph activities for first grade.
Make practicing identifying digraphs for kids FUN with this fun flower activity perfect for spring or summer learning. To complete this digraph activity, kindergartners and grade 1 students will sort the petals for a digraph mathing, digraph game. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this digraph activities for kindergarten. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, spring or flower activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
This activity includes one flower for ten different digraphs, with each flower containing six petals. This bright and colorful activity will need to be cut out and laminated for durability. Once all the flower centers and petals are ready, children can begin to create the flowers.
Children can work on a couple of the digraphs at a time or all of them at once, depending on their current learning ability. They can search through the pile of flower centers until they find the digraph they want to work on.
Then they can search through the petals, finding all six matching petals that contain a picture that contains the same letter as the center piece.
The kindrgarten digraph words in this pack include:
- pr words phonics – princess, pretzel, protractor, prize, produce, prune
- bl words phonics– blackberry, blue jay, block, blanket, blueberries, blackbird
- ch digraphs – cheetah, chicken, chess, chocolate, cherries, church
- sk words phonics list – skyline, skeleton, skirt, skateboard, skunk, skydive
- gr words – greyhound, groundhog, green, grapes, grasshopper, groceries
- pl digraphs – plane, playground, plow, plug, plant, pliers
- sh digraphs – sheep, shamrock, shell, shark, ship, shoes
- ph digraphs – xylophone, pharmacist, elephant, telephone, dolphin, pheasant
- th digraphs – thorn, throw, tooth, thermometer, three, bath
- wh digraphs – wheelchair, whale, wheat, whistle, wheel, wheelbarrow
This printable only comes in lovely cheerful color!Free Ending Blends Worksheets
As children progress in phonics they work on blends and digraphs chart. Digraphs are two consonants that make one sound such as /TH/ says thumb (phoneme). CH in the word “chair” and PH in the word “phone” are both examples of digraphs. Consonant blends have two constonants that each still make their own sound such as . If you are looking for more blends for kids games, worksheets, and activities? Check out these resoures or see all our digraph activities or consonant activities.
- Spring Digraph Activities for 2nd grade Puzzles
- Printable Digraph Games for working on sh, ch, th words
- Ice Cream Puzzles Digraph Game for summer learning
- Build-a-Digraph Activities free Puzzle
- Digraph BINGO Game
- Build-a-Flower Digrah Activity – pr, bl, ch, sk, gr, pl, sh, wh, ph, th
- Ending Digraphs BUMP GAME – ch, sh, ck, th
Trigraphs make a single sound that is represented by three letters. For example: In the word ‘match’, the three letters ‘tch’ at the end make only one sound.
- Trigraph Worksheets – color and read spr, squ, str trigraphs
- Printable Trigraphs list pdf color and read spl, scr, shr
- Trigraph Workhseets – cut and paste to learn spl, str, spr trigraph words
- Bingo Dauber Trigraphs Worksheets make learning squ, shr, scr fun
- THR Words activity with playdough!
- EAR sound words Domino game
- Trigraph Phonics Blending Games
- ge and dge words boardgame
A diphthong is a sound formed by combining two vowels in a single syllable. The sound begins as one vowel sound and moves towards another. The two most common diphthongs in the English language are the letter combination “oy”/“oi”, as in “boy” or “coin”, and “ow”/ “ou”, as in “cloud” or “cow
- Diphthong games
- See additional resources above under vowel teams
- Color changing Capillary Action Experiment with flowers, blooming paper flowers – simple Capillary Action expeirment with flowers, Simple Capillary action experiment with flowers, or color changing flower expeirment worksheet
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets, counting seeds sunflower math activities, or this paper plate Sunflower craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft for kids, Fork art yellow Dandelion craft, or seeded dandellion craft, pretty zinnia fingerprint flower preschool, paper van gogh sunflowers for kids craft, purple Delphinium egg carton flowers, easy letter f handprint craft, or lacing flower craft
- Lots of Plant Activities for Kindergarten and grow a crystal flower science activities for preschoolers
- Build a Flower Digraph Worksheets alternative or rhyming flower cvc words
- Chromatography Flowers project for children or simple baking soda flower activity for preschoolers
- Flower telling timeworksheets pdf free, free printable sticker counting flower math activites for preschoolers, number names flower puzzle printable, printable shape flower craft, or shape flower playdough mats
- Spin Art Flower Craft Preschool, simply bow hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip craft,
- Try our free printable Flower Scavenger Hunt or US state flowers activity
- Flower Parts of a Plant Flipbook or this easy jello pollination experiment
- Build fraction flowers activity or this part puzzle / worksheet flower fractions practice
- Stuning pasta flower craft, or flower pasta mosaic art, petty painted flower craft preschool, beautiful egg carton flowers, Lacing Craft with free cut out flower template
- Flower sight words game for 1st graders or flower sight word maze for kindergartners
- Flower Alphabet Matching printable puzzles, hands-on build a flower beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- Free Printable Flower Worksheets, flower activity sheets for pre-k and kindergarten, or kindergarten flower counting worksheet
- Letter Matching Sunflower Alphabet Letters or ABC flower dot marker printable
- Printable Flower Name Craft or over 100 flower craft preschool and up
- See our themed flowers activities for preschoolers or a huge list of flower activities for preschoolers and kindergartners you can add to your lesson plan
- Don’t miss our flower books for preschoolers
- See all our flowers for kids free printables and activity ideas
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.