Whether you are celebrating the arrival of spring or the tall magestic sunlowers at the end of warm summer days, this paper plate sunflower craft is sure to be a hit! This sunflower crafts are cute and simple-to-make with toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students. So gather a couple simple materials and make your own pretty flower crafts together.
Paper plate sunflower craft
With the arrival of spring we think of flowers blooming and filling our world with beautiful, vibrant color and sweet smells. Flowers continue to bloom through summer and into fall! On our walks, my children love to look at all of the things growing in nature and the flowers that are blooming. This super cute Sunflower Craft with Paper Plates is a fun craft to explore beautiful, cheery yellow flowers with children. This sunflower craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 student. Whether you do this along with other flower crafts, as a summer craft for kids, or a s is for sunflower theme durin this summer – this is sure to be a hit with parents, teachers, daycare providers, and homeschooler alike!
After our walk today, we created a Simple Sunflower Craft. This flower craft is easy for young children to make and a fun Springtime activity.
- Small paper plate
- Yellow paint
- Large craft stick
- Green paint
- Paint Brush
- Green construction paper
- Sunflower seeds
First, paint the small paper plate with the yellow paint and paint the large craft stick with the green paint. When the paint is dry, glue the craft stick onto the paper plate.
Sunflower craft with paper plates
Then, cut two to three leaves out of the green construction paper. If you are working with young children, you may want to draw the leaves on the paper and have them cut them out. Next, glue the leaves onto the craft stick.
Finally, glue sunflower seeds onto the center of the paper plate to make a sunflower seed craft.
This easy sunflower craft is perfect to make with toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. I love that his simple flower craft for 3 and 4 year olds uses common craft supplies you most likely have laying around your house.
Sunflower seed craft
Have extras sun flower seeds? Try this free printable Sunflower Seed Counting Activity too!
Extend The Learning:
While creating this flower craft, your child will work on developing their fine motor skills by painting and cutting, but you can also incorporate these learning activities too:
- Read informational books about plants and flowers. Your children can learn all about what a plant needs to grow and the parts of a flower.
- Plant sunflower seeds and watch the plant grow. We plant the seeds in cups first and then transfer them to the ground when it warms up outside. Have your children record their observations in a plant journal.
Sunflower Activities for Kids
Looking for more sunflower ideas to make a day of it? Check these out:
- Paper Plate Sunflower Craft
- Free Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- Printable Counting Sunflower Activity
- Simple Blooming Flowers – Capillary Action Science Sunflower Activity
- Letter Matching Sunflower Activity
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Flower Science Experiments
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- EASY Color Changing Flowers experiment for kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills