We came up this fun twist on spin art paint to make a beautiful flower craft for kids. This spring craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will love that this process art project makes a one-of-a-kind design perfect for making pretty flower crafts for prsechoolers. These coffee filter flowers preschool make truly beautiful flower projects for spring!
Flower Craft for Kids
This beautiful spring flower craft is sure to be a hit with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Children will use spin art paint to make a beautiful preschool flower craft to celebrate the arrival of spring in April and May. This spring craft for kids is super fun-to-make with just a salad spinner, coffee filter, paint, and pipe cleaner. This easy flower project makes a lovely addition to your flower theme or spring theme or as to make a whole bouquet of these pretty, unique flowers! Give them to mom for a mothers day craft or enjoy them in your room. The options and out comes are truly endless!
Flower Craft for Preschoolers
Have you made spin art yet? It’s really easy & FUN to do make art with paint and your salad spinner. This spin art paint is the ultimate in fu art projects for kids!
Easy Flower Craft
To make this flower craft you only need a few simple materials:
- salad spinner
- coffee filters
- liquid washable paint
- pipe cleaner or straws
Fun Painting Ideas
Start by putting a coffee filter inside your salad spinner basket. Add some washable paint directly on the coffee filter craft.
Spin art paint
Close the lid and allow your child to spin away. Spinning less will leave more concentration of original colors and spinnign more will blend the colors more.
Flower crafts for kids
Feel free to allow it to slow down and take a peak to see if you’ve reached the colors you want.
Spring crafts for kids
Isn’t the mixing of colors so beautiful!
Add more paint if you like and spin some more!
Spring flowers craft ideas
Here are a couple Spin Art Tips:
- Lots of small blobs in the middle or drizzling it across the paper works best.
- Don’t put too much paint or you’ll just end up with a big ball of paper and lots of wasted paint at the bottom.
- You don’t want to spin too long or too fast or the colors completely blend. You want to do it 5-9 times slowly to create a beautiful mix of colors.
- Don’t use your good salad spinner! Use one you find at a garage sale, your pitching, or you find at a dollar store.
Flower craft ideas
Let your paper dry. completely.
To make your spring flower craft you will need a completely dried spin art made on a coffee filter and a large straw. [You can use any straw if you use a small rubberband to hold the flower closed & on the straw]
Flower art and craft
Pinch the middle on the underside of your spin art.
Flower art and craft for preschool
Now keep twisting the bottom and ruffling in the tissue paper together so it looks like a carnation.
Preschool Flower Craft
Here is a view from the side so you can see what the bottom looks like.
Spring Crafts for Kids
Push the twisted bottom into a large straw. Repeat with additional spin art. [alternately you can use a small rubber band to to secure the twisted part and loop around the top of the straw.]
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
The flowers make a lovely decoration for your table or a child’s room. Best part, your child made them and you don’t have to water them!
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water Pollution for Kids Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- Amazing Lemon Volcano Experiment for Kids
- How to Regrow Celery in Water
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Flower Experiment learning about capillar action
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet Pack
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Steps to Planting a Seed Worksheet
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Flower Science Experiments
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- EASY Color Changing Flowers experiment for kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills