We came up this fun twist on spin art paint to make a beautiful flower craft for kids. This spring craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will love that this process art project makes a one-of-a-kind design perfect for making pretty flower crafts for prsechoolers. These coffee filter flowers preschool make truly beautiful flower projects for spring!
Flower Craft for Kids
This beautiful spring flower craft is sure to be a hit with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Children will use spin art paint to make a beautiful preschool flower craft to celebrate the arrival of spring in April and May. This spring craft for kids is super fun-to-make with just a salad spinner, coffee filter, paint, and pipe cleaner. This easy flower project makes a lovely addition to your flower theme or spring theme or as to make a whole bouquet of these pretty, unique flowers! Give them to mom for a mothers day craft or enjoy them in your room. The options and out comes are truly endless!
Spin Art Paint
Have you made spin art yet? It’s really easy & FUN to do make art with paint and your salad spinner. This spin art paint is the ultimate in fu art projects for kids!
Easy Flower Craft
To make this flower craft you only need a few simple materials:
- salad spinner
- coffee filters
- liquid washable paint
- pipe cleaner or straws
Fun Painting Ideas
Start by putting a coffee filter inside your salad spinner basket. Add some washable paint directly on the coffee filter craft.
Flower craft for preschoolers
Close the lid and allow your child to spin away. Spinning less will leave more concentration of original colors and spinnign more will blend the colors more.
Feel free to allow it to slow down and take a peak to see if you’ve reached the colors you want.
flower art for kids
Isn’t the mixing of colors so beautiful!
Add more paint if you like and spin some more!
Flower art and craft for preschool
Here are a couple Spin Art Tips:
- Lots of small blobs in the middle or drizzling it across the paper works best.
- Don’t put too much paint or you’ll just end up with a big ball of paper and lots of wasted paint at the bottom.
- You don’t want to spin too long or too fast or the colors completely blend. You want to do it 5-9 times slowly to create a beautiful mix of colors.
- Don’t use your good salad spinner! Use one you find at a garage sale, your pitching, or you find at a dollar store.
Coffee filter flowers preschool
Let your paper dry. completely.
To make your spring flower craft you will need a completely dried spin art made on a coffee filter and a large straw. [You can use any straw if you use a small rubberband to hold the flower closed & on the straw]
Flower art preschool
Pinch the middle on the underside of your spin art.
flowers activity for kindergarten
Now keep twisting the bottom and ruffling in the tissue paper together so it looks like a carnation.
Preschool Flower Craft
Here is a view from the side so you can see what the bottom looks like.
Spring Crafts for Kids
Push the twisted bottom into a large straw. Repeat with additional spin art. [alternately you can use a small rubber band to to secure the twisted part and loop around the top of the straw.]
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
The flowers make a lovely decoration for your table or a child’s room. Best part, your child made them and you don’t have to water them!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners