Nothing says summer like dandelions! Kids of all ages will have fun recreating this iconic spring and summer flower with this pretty dandelion craft. This dandelion art project is a clever, fun, and creative twist that usese several techniques to fully capture this pretty flower. This flower craft for kids is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too.
Dandelions are an especially important part of the planet’s biodiversity! Dandelions provide food for bees and other pollinating insects including butterflies. Dandelions also provide us with a pop of yellow color early in spring. They always seem to come at just the right time. The white puff balls produced by the dandelion plant are equally fun to see and to play with! Blow the seeds off the stem and make a wish! Let’s celebrate this beautiful flower by making a dandelion craft for kids! This dandelion art project celebrates this wonderful plant by making a flower craft with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. This summer craft for kids is perfect for all ages! You’ll love the fun fork painting part!
Make your very own field of dandelions with just a fork and paint! This process is easy and super fun! The dandelion shape becomes visible after only a few strokes of your fork. You can even use the end of the fork to create the dandelion puff balls! Simply dip the end of the fork into white paint and stamp the fork on your paper!
To get started, you will need:
- Construction paper in blue and green
- Acrylic paint in yellow and white
- Brown or black marker
- White glue
Dandelion Art for Kids
- Lay your blue paper flat. You can also use white paper for the background. The yellow and green look lovely against the white.
- Squirt a small drop of yellow paint onto the paper. Repeat multiple times. Spread the drops out in different places across the paper. Place the drops at least an inch apart.
- Using your fork, scrape the paint from the center of each paint drop, outward. Turn your paper in multiple directions to achieve a round shape. Repeat this process until all the yellow drops have become dandelions!
Flower craft for kids
- Now use a clean fork to create the dandelion puffs. Dip the end in white paint. Stamp the end of the fork multiple times in a circular manner to create the puff.
- Use your brown or black pen to create the stems. Simply draw a line extending down from both the puffs and the flowers to the bottom edge of the paper.
- To create the leaves, fold your green paper in half. Cut out a long leaf like shape. Remove triangles from the side of the folded leaf to give the appearance of dandelion greens. Try making leaves in varying heights and widths.
Dandelion art project
- Unfold the leaf and glue them to the dandelions. Try gluing some with the crease upwards and some with the crease towards the paper. This will give depth to your dandelion field!
Flower Crafts for Preschoolers
Strengthen fine motor skills while making a beautiful flower project:
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
Flower craft ideas
If you are looking for even more fun flower craft projects to make with your children, try these fun ideas!
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Flower Science Experiments
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- EASY Color Changing Flowers experiment for kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts