Looking for a fun and exciting back to school craft for your learners? Then this school bus toilet paper roll craft is a great craftivity for your students! As the school year kicks off, what better way to engage your learners than with a craft that not only ignites their creativity but is a great activity for both back to school and a fun transportation craft. Read on to find out how to make this activity and get your FREE template to print and create your very own School Bus Toilet Paper Roll Craft.
School Bus Craft
This super simple school bus craft is a super simple craft for kids. Best of all, it makes use of readily available household items which you should most likely already have on hand. Plus, crafting with household items promotes sustainability by repurposing items that might otherwise end up in the trash. Doing craft activities with your learners has so many benefits and is such a fun way to get kids thinking creatively. As they work on their back to school craft, they work on their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination along the way.
If you’re on the hunt for some engaging and hands-on Back to School math and literacy activities for your learners, check out our ideas for back to school crafts
Back to school crafts for kindergarten
School bus crafts for preschool
This craft makes use of items that you most likely already have on hand. So just grab the supplies and get to creating the craft!
- Black and yellow cardstock or construction paper
- Small piece of cardboard
- Toilet paper roll
- 2 Toothpicks
School bus arts and crafts
Step 1: Download the PDF template. Both a color and black and white version are included.
Print the template. Print the colored version as is. If you print the back and white version, color in the template with the correct colors, or use the template for tracing onto colored cardstock.
Cut out the pieces and keep aside.
Step 2: Take the large yellow piece and wrap it around the toilet paper to cover it. Leave it aside to dry.
Make sure the entire toilet paper roll is covered with the yellow cardstock.
Step 3: Poke holes at the 2 ends of the toilet roll so that the toothpicks can fit in. I’d recommend this step to be done by a grown-up.
Insert in the toothpicks into the holes.
Step 4: Cut out the wheels. Place the wheels onto cardboard to provide some support.
Glue the smaller black circles onto the larger ones to create the wheels.
Step 5: Glue the wheels on the ends of the sticks.
Step 6: Glue the light blue pieces onto the toilet paper roll to create the windows of the school bus.
Step 7: Glue the black paper strip horizontally onto the toilet paper roll.
Step 8: Glue the red semi-circle shape on the front of the black paper strip to give the idea of a stop sign.
Step 9: Using a marker add in extra details and outline the windows to make them stand out more.
And you’re all done! That’s it! This is a super simple back to school craft that can be done by preschoolers, kindergarteners and even first graders and is a great way to get learners crafting and practicing their fine motor skills. For another fun back to school craft for your kindergarten learners, check out this Paper Plate School Bus Craft for Kids. toilet roll crafts for kids Back to School Activities
Back to School Activities
- Back to School BINGO, Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities, cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Pencil yellow baking soda slime, free printable back to school notes, pencil alphabet matching and free printable playdough mats
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities, Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles, School Bus Letter Matching Game
- What Comes Next Back to School Math, Crayon Box Letter Matching Back to School Activity , cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity, Crayon Box CVC Words Activity, Free Hand Washing Printables
- Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards, Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers, printable Back to School ABC Games, Back to School Theme Preschool, school bus non-standard measurment activities
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities, Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities, Glue Stick rhyming activities, Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
First Day of School Printables
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds and Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction and Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets, I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet, Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets, free School Supplies Tracing Worksheet. fun Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
All About Me Printables
Crafts Ideas for Kids
Looking for more craft projects for kids? Check out these fun ideas!
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft, gorgoue turkey craft, clever spider craftivity, puffy paint pumpkin crafts, stunning corn art projects, yarn wrapped leaf crafts for preschoolers, paper plate apple crafts, mixed medium apple art preschool, gorgeous pasta butterfly craft, or fun puffy paint ice cream craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts, lots of cute preschool apple crafts, and easy tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Fish craft template, Elephant Craft Bookmark, Painted Flower Craft Preschool, or Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make, rocket space craft for kids
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft, name craft template for camping crafts for preschoolers
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft, cute sun craft preschool, outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft, Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away, Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts, Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids, fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Spectacular tissue paper fireworks craft, shaving cream butterfly craft, pretty pasta flowers,
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids, check out these toilet paper roll crafts, try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Beautiful leaf crafts for preschoolers, clever Fall Crafts for Kids, silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts, Letter Crafts sorted A-Z, or free printable alphabet crafts
- Hyacinth flower spring crafts, pasta mosaic art, st patricks day art with free template, Dr Seuss thing 1 and thing 2 handprint craft
- Fork paintd snowy owl craft, bubble wrap umbrella craft preschool, wreath printable easter crafts, or turkey hat craft
- See craft ideas by month
School Bus Template
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.