These counting fall leaves mats are a fun way to encourage counting to 10 and are effective for preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten kids.
Counting Fall Leaves
All kids need lots of experience with numbers within 10 because they’re such an important building block. These Counting Fall Leaves mats encourage kids to count and re-count, to check and re-check which is excellent for encouraging independent learning.
How to prepare
Print off the three color or black and white pages you want to use. Cut the tree squares to separate and cut out the leaves. Store them together in a small ziploc bag. Laminate the counting mat and individual pieces if you wish.
How to use
- Put the counting mat in front of your child with the trees on one side of the mat and the leaves on the other.
- Your child can randomly choose any tree card and place it on the white square.
- Count how many leaves are on the tree card.
- Count out that many leaves and place them on the tree.
- Double check by re-counting the leaves on the tree card to make sure it’s the same number.
- Clear the leaves off the tree and choose a new tree card!
Want more free counting to 10 activities?
- Count to 10 bugs coloring book
- Watermelon seeds counting set
- Counting 1-10 activity sheets
- Number Puzzles for 1-5 and 6-10
- Chocolate kisses counting mats
Download Counting Fall Leaves
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.