This super cute, free printable counting leaves activity is a fun way to encourage counting to 10 with preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children. Kids will draw a counting card and then place the appropriate number of fall colored leaves on the fall counting mats to count 1-10
All kids need lots of practice with numbers within 10 because they’re such an important building block. This Counting Leaves activity is such a fun free counting printable to encourage kids to count to 10. Preschoolers and Kindergarteners will count and re-count to check which is a great way to encourage math fluency and encouraging independent learning.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this colorful fall counting activity! Use it as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or hands on counting activity to supplement your homeschool match curriculum in Autumn. You will love how the fall farm counting mats and the pretty red, orange, yellow, and brown leaves to count with set the stage for learning with a fall theme.
Fall leaves printables
Print off the pages in color or black and white. The blackline version is great for saving printer ink to save you money. It is also good for individual students to use as they can colour their fall scene counting mats with crayons, markers or colored pencils before doing the preschool math activity.
Now cut the tree counting squares carefully using scissors. Next cut apart the fall leaves printable. I like to store thee math activity set together in a small ziploc bags.
HINT: For using the color version in a classroom I suggest laminating the pieces to make them durable.
Count to 10 Activity
- Put the counting mat in front of your child with the trees on one side of the mat and the leaves on the other.
- Your child can randomly choose any tree card and place it on the white square.
- Count how many leaves are on the tree card.
- Count out that many leaves and place them on the tree.
- Double check by re-counting the leaves on the tree card to make sure it’s the same number.
- Clear the leaves off the tree and choose a new tree card!
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Download Counting Fall Leaves
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.