Help kids get excited about science with this fun apple experiment that is perfect for September. In this apple science, children will melt the apples with a simple, easy science activity using a baking soda and vinegar experiment. All you need are a few simple materials to try this apple activity this fall. Try this apple science experiment with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grders too. So add this apple activities to your upcoming apple theme or list of activities for September.
Ready for a simple apple science project that will dleight, engage, and teach young children? I just love science experiments that help kids to explore and get excited about discovering. THis apple activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students are perfect for apple theme preschool. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or schooler you will love this apple activity to make learning fun!
To try this fun apple science activity all you need are a few simple materials you probably already have at home:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon food coloring for bold colors
- 3 squirts of liquid soap
- Vinegar in squeeze bottle
- black fusion beads or black beans
- pipe cleaner stems
Apple Science Experiment
You can either make 3 small balls, one big ball with the entire recipe, or best yet (and pictured) make the entire recipe 3 times – one for each apple color. In a medium bowl combine bicarbonate soda, water, dish soap, and food coloring. Next, mold the baking soda into “apples” putting a couple black beans or blck beads in the middle of each apple to represent the seeds. Repeat if you are making more than one apple.
Cut green pipe cleaners to make a stem and leaves. Purely decorative, but ads to the fun of the activity making the baking soda balls look like apples!
Apple Activities for Preschooler
Now you’ve got your three apples – granny smith green, red delicious, and golden delicious in a row with stem and leaf. Make sure they are in a bowl or platter with a lip.
Apple Activities for Kindergarten
Fill a squirt bottle with vinegar and pour some vinegar on the apple. What happens? The baking soda and vinegar have a chemical reaction that creates carbon dioxide that manifests itself as foam thanks to the dish soap.
Continue squirting the apples and watch as they begin literally melting. This is a great intorduction to states of matter for kids!
Activities for September
Kids will get a huge kick out of the flow of melty foamy, bubbles that comes off each apple. So pretty and fun!
Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
Continue melting the apples unti you find the hidden surprise in the middle – the seeds. Kids will be amazed by this quick and easy apple activity that serves as a wondreful fall science for kids!
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games