Apple Pie Playdough
Nothing says fall like the smell of apple cider and cinnamon! We love doing lots of fun apple themed activities during September and this apple pie playdough is one of our favorite! Not only does this apple playdough recipe smell AMAZING, but it is fun to play with and mold -especially into apple and apple pie!
Another fun way to use this Alphabet Playdough Mats. Plus it is simple to make with only 3 ingredients, but it is salt free and taste safe!
Here is a simple, all new fall playdough recipe!
To make Apple Cider Playdough you just need to warm 3 1/2 cups apple cider in a skillet and mix in 3 cups cornstarch. We also like to add 1 teas ground cinnamon to make it spell extra special. Stir continuously over medium heat until it thickens a a ball forms.
Remove apple play dough from the pan and place on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. Sprinkle playdough with 1/2 cup flour and knead in to get just the right consistency. You are ready to play!
Apple Playdough Recipe
We tinted the playdough with red food coloring to make nice red apples. Then we stuck a black pipe cleaner in the top as a stem and wrapped a green pipe cleaner around the stem to make leaves. The kids loved playing with the apples!
My preschooler loved the little apples we made with the apple pie playdough recipe. I think she would have had fun just playing with the playdough apples.
Next we rolled out the apple cider playdough to make our pie crust.
We added apples. Have your preschooler count the apples as they put them inside the pie.
Next we rolled out more dough and used a pastry cutter to make strips. The kids put the strips on the pie alternating over / under every other strip horizontally.
Now we have a pretty, lattice top playdough apple pie.
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers