These fun Johnny Appleseed activities help kids celebrate the historical figure that has turned into a tall tale. Use this fun johnny appleseed day activities in a September theme, apple theme, for johnny appleseed day this Sept 26th. We have lots of fun educational activities and johnny appleseed craft ideas for a week-long Johnny Appleseed Theme for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders.
Johnny Appleseed Activities
Nothing says September like apples! From juicy, firm, tart, red, green, and yellow – delicious apples remind us of back to school, fall, and of course September. We all have our favorite varieties from Red Delicious, Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji, or my favorite Jazz apples. Many celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day September 26th, but there is also National Johnny Appleseed Day on March 11th. Whether you learn about this iconic figure in September, March, or any time in between – these fun, educational Johnny Appleseed Day Activities are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Use these johnny appleseed activities for first gradeor as johnny appleseed activities for kindergarten or even as johnny appleseed activities for second grade. These johnny appleseed activities for preschool are fun for lots of ages!
Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
Johnny Appleseed is a man who planted apple (and pear) trees across the America to share not only their beauty and shade, but to provide food for those in need. Johnny was born in Massachusetts on September 26, 1774 with the given name John Chapman. His father served as a Minuteman and fought at Bunker Hill. Then, in 1797, Johnny shows up in Pennsylvania with apple seeds in hand. Although his stories have grown into legendary and he didn’t make it through the entire United States, Appleseed did plant apple trees from West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This American folk hero was said to be a kind man who traveled barefoot, dressed simply, and wore a tin pot hat that he actually used to prepare his daily dinner.
Johnny Appleseed activities for kindergarten
We have so many fun, creative, and unique johnny appleseed activity ideas, we’ve grouped them below so you can better plan your weekly theme or find the activity you are looking for.
Johnny Appleseed Day
Whether you choose to read a different book each day of the week or read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. (kids love repetition), these books are a great introduction to who was Johnny Appleseed.
Johnny Appleseed Craft
We have so many really fun apple crafts for kids to celebrate apple month we probably should have made a separate post, but we already had lots of apple crafts for preschool here so we just included some of our favorites:
- Your kids will love this stuffed paper apple craft!
- These super cute Apple Pinch Pots are fun to make
- Make these Apple Print Coasters for a project that you will use over and over again
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft is a simple project to decorate your windows or glass doors!
- I love the cute little worm in this Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Improve fine motor skills with this Yarn and Paper Plate Core Apple Craft
- This Bubble Wrap Apple Tree Craft is one of my favorite projects of all time because of how much fun it is for kids to make!
- Learn how to make a stunning 3D Paper Apple Tree Craft for kids
- Clever Pom Pom Core Apple Craft
- Easy Paper Plate Apple Core Craft is such a pretty decoration for September
- Grab a plate, hole punch, and yarn to make this stunning Yarn Weaving Apple Craft
- I love the varied patterns in this Weaving Paper Apple Craft
- Fun technique to make truly unique and beautiful Quilling Apple Craft
- Create a forest of pinecone apple tree crafts
- Apple Handart Project
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft is both fun-to-make, pretty, and educational too!
Free Johnny Appleseed Printables
We’ve found lots of free Johnny Appleseed worksheets and apple themed learning activities to add to your week from Johnny Appleseed math, language arts, history, science, and more. There are more than enough fun ideas to make a packed Johnny Appleseed Theme.
Johnny appleseed activities for preschool
- Check out these super cute Apple Alphabet Identification Strips
- Apple Alphabet Letter Tracing Worksheets are a perfect way for students to work on their ABCs with a fun apple twist.
- free letter A apple sort activity!
- Johnny Appleseed Lapbook
- Apple Bookmark Craft
- Printable Apple Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Apple Preschool Sight Words Strips
- Johnny Appleseed Letter Matching Game
- Free Apple Synonym and Antonym Worksheets are a no prep english worksheets perfect for September
- Sort Noun and Verb Apple Trees
- Alphabet Sounds Apple Books
- These Apple Compound Word Worksheets are SO cute!
- Johnny Appleseed Lapbook!
- Improve reading skills with this hands-on apple sight word activity
- Apple ABC Games for working on phonemic awareness of beginning sounds
Johnny appleseed activities for first grade
These math activities cover a range of skills for preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, second grade, third grade, and fourth graders. Work on counting, number recognition, number bonds, addition, fractions, and more!
- Start your math day by printing out and completing these apple preschool worksheets!
- Counting Fun with Johnny Appleseed for preschool
- Apple Math Worksheets practice number works and addition within 20
- Make math FUN with these free printable Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Johnny Appleseed Literacy and Math Printables
- Apple Themed Cover that Number Dice Game
- Math Patterns Using Apple Prints
- Apple Math Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Apple Tree Counting Activity for Preschoolers
- Free Apple Math for Kids
- Make your own counting reader with this Counting Apples Mini Book
- Apple Addition Sticker Math Worksheets
- Hands on Apple Number Bonds Printable Activity for Pre k, Kindergarten, and 1st grade
- Apple Fraction Math Game
- Printable Apple Counting activity using seeds, a counting mat, and a number line
- Finish the super cute worms with these Apple Count to 10 Playdough Mats
- Count to 20 Apple Munching & Hole Punching Cards
- Apple I Spy Printables for working on counting and visual discrimination
- Fall Color Sticker Worksheets are loads of fun and work on pincer skills too
Johnny appleseed worksheets
From free printable apple worksheets to learn about the life cycle of an apple to apple printables to go along with an apple science activity plus johnny appleseed history pages too!
- Apple Life Cycle Themed Worksheets include life cycle information and math and literacy skills too!
- Or try this clever Apple Life Cycle Spinner printable
- Learn about an apple as kids Explore the Inside of an Apple
- STEM Challenge for September – Practical Engineering Challenge with Apples
- Several Apple Science Experiments for young learners
- Printable Apple Science Experiment for Pre k, Kindergarten, 1st grade
- Free pritnable Johnny Appleseed Coloring Pages
- Fun Facts and the History of the Real Johnny Appleseed
- Fun Apple Seed Fine Motor Activity
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day with Kids
- How to Make Homemade Applesauce
Johnny Appleseed Preschool
Week have a weeks worth of Letter A printables complete with johnny appleseed preschool activities.
Plus don’t miss our apple worksheets for preschoolers
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.
Plus don’t miss September Activity Calendar with books & activities for kids. We also have super handy September Crafts for Kids and September Activities filled with creative ideas for families, teachers, and kids of all ages.
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Leave a Reply