This super cute letter a activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children who are learning to distinguish between uppercase and lowercase letters. In this clever alphabet activity for kids, children will put apples on the correct tree based on if the letters is a capital or small letter. This letter sorting is perfect for your letter a week as part of a letter of the week program.
Letter a Activity
As we start up teaching preschoolers and kindergarnters in the fall we tend to start with a letter of the week curriculum for children to learn their ABCs. Although you could do a lot of things for your letter a week, I love doing an apple theme because it goes so perfectly with September! After all, SEptember is apple month and this apple activities for preschoolers is so cute, handy, and educatioanl too. This letter a activity helps children work on letter discrimination by doing a fun letter sorting activity with red, yellow, and green circle stickers – or apples as we call them in this activity. Ready? Let’s get started with this A is for apple idea!
Here is what you to try this apple activities for kindergarten:
- 2 tp rolls, also known as cardboard rolls or toilet paper rolls
- Green Construction paper
- Brown construction papers
- Circle Stickers (we used red and yellow)
- Sharpie marker
Letter a Week
Roll each of your toilet paper rolls in brown construction paper that is about 1-3″ taller than the tp roll and tape in place.
A is for Apple
Using your scissors make a slit on opposite sides of the top of the toilet paper roll.
Cut out a curvy circle shape from your green construction paper. You want it to be about the same height as the toilet paper roll. Now slide your green leafy part into the tree trunk.
Apple Theme for Preschool
Use your sharpie to write upper case and lower case letters:
- Write a capital letter A on one trunk and a lowercase letter a on the other tree trunk.
- Write uppercase letter As on some of your apple-colored circle stickers and lowercase letter as on others
You are all set-up and ready to go.
Hint: We love using these trays for both art projects and to keep activities all neatly in one place.
Letter A Activity for Preschoolers
You toddler and prek child will take off the letter Aa “apple” stickers and puts them on the correct apple tree. The activity was a huge hit in our house! This cute letter a activity for toddlers was a rare activity and craft all in one.
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games