Sneak some simple apple math into your upcoming apple theme with these super cute, free addition coloring worksheets! These apple worksheets are designed for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to work on addition within 10 and increase fact fluency. These apple math worksheets allow children to color the apples that belong on the tree to make practicing math problems FUN! SImply print addition coloring worksheets and you are ready to play and learn this fall.
September makes us think of apples, apple trees, back to school, Johnny Appleseed, and the beginning of fall! Make learning fun with super cute addition coloring worksheets that focus on addition within 10. This apple coloring page is such an easy, no-prep apple worksheets for kindergarten. Use these addition coloring worksheets to practice simple addition with your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy apple math activity! We love making math fun so kids get the practice they need to achieve math fluency while having FUN! These September coloring pages will help students improve adding numbers to 10 with an apple theme.
Free addition coloring worksheets
Addition coloring worksheets
Are you wondering about the skills covered in these handy, no prep, math addition coloring worksheets?
- Addition Within 10. Getting fluency adding these numbers is crucial as this is a building block for future math as students learn to carry numbers, do mental math, and more!
- Addition Number Bonds. Number bonds (which are taught in Singapore math) are also known as fact families. Number bonds are a way to understand or visually represent addition facts using a part-part-whole model. Teaching addition using number bonds helps with fact fluency, as kids become so familiar with them, they can recall facts almost instantly. If kids are familiar with each of these, moving to subtraction is no problem. They simply figure out which piece of the equation is missing (i.e. 5 – 3 = ? is no problem if a child knows 2+3 = 5).
For example, the number bonds of 5 would be 0+5, 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, 4+1 and 5+0.
- Decomposing numbers using number bonds and learning the facts not only prepare kids for subtraction, but also develops their number sense. This will prepare them for more challenging math down the road.
This pack of apple addition worksheets includes one page for each of the numbers from 2-10. On each page, kids color all the apples in the tree with facts that are equal to the given number. For example, on the page where they are to look for facts equal to 2, they would color the 2+0, 0+2 and 1+1 apples. Seeing all the facts for a given number will help kids solidify their understanding and recognition of these number bonds.
And the fun apple theme is perfect for Fall, so this would be the perfect way to weave some math into your Fall festivities. For instance, you can use these coloring pages along with the story of Johnny Appleseed (featured on the pages). Or simply as a fun and unique way to practice and recognize number bonds.
- FREE Apple Prek Worksheets or apple worksheets preschool
- Apple Recipes for Kids, plus how to make homemade applesauce and yummy best apple recipes
- ACTIVITIES – scented apple pie playdough, super soft apple playdough recipe no cook, apple pie playdough, fun apple pie slime, fluffy apple slime (yellow), laffy taffy apple slime (green), and September activities for kids
- ALPHABET – letter recognition apple activity, apple letter tracing worksheets, Apple ABC Game, a is for apple printable letter sounds apple book, a is for apple tracing worksheet, a is for apple printable alphabet mats, sticker a for apple activity,
- LANGUAGE ARTS – alphabet apple lacing craft, apple pre-k sight words tracing strips, apple sight words printable activity, synonym and antonym worksheets, apple compounds words worksheet grade 1, apple noun and verb sort, and free September writing prompts
- SCIENCE – errupting apple science expeirment, free apple investigation worksheet, apple life cycle printable spinner, apple volcano, apple browning experiment with free worksheet, apple life cycle printable pages, skittle apple science experiment, melting apple science experiment, apple stem activity
- COUNTING – apple count to 20 free printable hole punch activities, apple i spy printables for preschoolers, count to 20 apple playdough mats, hole punch apple counting, apple counting coloring pages, apple counting spin and count on ten frame, apple counting worksheet, free apple counting worksheets, apple counting worksheet, apple seed counting to 20 activity, and count to 20 apple playdough mats, apple roll and cover number sense game
- MATH – hands-on apple number bonds activity, math worksheets for kindergarten, adding within 10 apple math, apple multiplication game, apple fractions game, fall unifix cube pattern cards, counting seeds apple worksheets, and sticker addition worksheets, multiplication apple math for 2nd and 3rd graders
- CRAFTS – cute apple handprint craft, parts of an apple craft, bubble wrap apple craft, Johnny appleseed addition coloring worksheets, lacing paper plate apple craft, stunning apple art preschool, paper plate apple core craft, and September crafts
- Check out these apple books for preschoolers, free apple worksheets preschool, how to make an apple pie and see the world activity, fun Johnny Appleseed activities, free Johnny Appleseed coloring pages, or our apple theme preschool
Free Addition Coloring Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.