Do you enjoy creating themed weeks in your homeschool studies? If you are learning about all things apples, you will love this set of Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets to help your kids practice addition with an apple theme! This set is designed to teach preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students addition within 10, number bonds and increase fact fluency. Plus, coloring is so much more fun than writing out lots of math problems!
Addition Coloring Worksheets
September makes us think of apples, apple trees, back to school, Johnny Appleseed, and the beginning of fall! Make learning fun with super cute addition coloring worksheets that focus on addition within 10. This is such a no prep, easy addition worksheets perfect for making math fun during September with your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy apple math activity!
Addition Coloring Pages
We love making math fun so kids get the practice they need to achieve math fluency while having FUN! These September coloring pages will help students improve adding numbers to 10 with an apple theme.
Are you wondering about the skills covered in these handy, no prep, math addition coloring worksheets?
- Addition Within 10. Getting fluency adding these numbers is crucial as this is a building block for future math as students learn to carry numbers, do mental math, and more!
- Addition Number Bonds. Number bonds (which are taught in Singapore math) are also known as fact families. Number bonds are a way to understand or visually represent addition facts using a part-part-whole model. Teaching addition using number bonds helps with fact fluency, as kids become so familiar with them, they can recall facts almost instantly. If kids are familiar with each of these, moving to subtraction is no problem. They simply figure out which piece of the equation is missing (i.e. 5 – 3 = ? is no problem if a child knows 2+3 = 5).
For example, the number bonds of 5 would be 0+5, 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, 4+1 and 5+0.
- Decomposing numbers using number bonds and learning the facts not only prepare kids for subtraction, but also develops their number sense. This will prepare them for more challenging math down the road.
This pack of apple addition worksheets includes one page for each of the numbers from 2-10. On each page, kids color all the apples in the tree with facts that are equal to the given number. For example, on the page where they are to look for facts equal to 2, they would color the 2+0, 0+2 and 1+1 apples. Seeing all the facts for a given number will help kids solidify their understanding and recognition of these number bonds.
And the fun apple theme is perfect for Fall, so this would be the perfect way to weave some math into your Fall festivities. For instance, you can use these coloring pages along with the story of Johnny Appleseed (featured on the pages). Or simply as a fun and unique way to practice and recognize number bonds.
Looking for more apple printables to go along with your theme? Check out these super cute free printables:
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Free printable alphabet strip for working on letter recognition
- Free Apple Math Worksheets
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Apple Counting Activity for Preschoolers
- Printable Apple ABC Game
- Apple Science Experiment Preschool
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting to 20
- Apple I Spy Preschool
- Apple Life Cycle Preschool Spinner
- Free Apple Worksheets for Preschoolers
- A is for Apple Printable Book for learning letter sounds
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Bubble Wrap Apple Tree Craft
- Easy Apple Core Craft
- Alphabet Apple Lacing
- September Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Lots of fun September Activities for Kids
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Free Addition Coloring Worksheets
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.