Sneak some simple apple math into your upcoming apple theme with these super cute, free addition coloring worksheets! These apple worksheets are designed for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to work on addition within 10 and increase fact fluency. These apple math worksheets allow children to color the apples that belong on the tree to make practicing math problems FUN! SImply print addition coloring worksheets and you are ready to play and learn this fall.
September makes us think of apples, apple trees, back to school, Johnny Appleseed, and the beginning of fall! Make learning fun with super cute addition coloring worksheets that focus on addition within 10. This apple coloring page is such an easy, no-prep apple worksheets for kindergarten. Use these addition coloring worksheets to practice simple addition with your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy apple math activity! We love making math fun so kids get the practice they need to achieve math fluency while having FUN! These September coloring pages will help students improve adding numbers to 10 with an apple theme.
Free addition coloring worksheets
Addition coloring worksheets
Are you wondering about the skills covered in these handy, no prep, math addition coloring worksheets?
- Addition Within 10. Getting fluency adding these numbers is crucial as this is a building block for future math as students learn to carry numbers, do mental math, and more!
- Addition Number Bonds. Number bonds (which are taught in Singapore math) are also known as fact families. Number bonds are a way to understand or visually represent addition facts using a part-part-whole model. Teaching addition using number bonds helps with fact fluency, as kids become so familiar with them, they can recall facts almost instantly. If kids are familiar with each of these, moving to subtraction is no problem. They simply figure out which piece of the equation is missing (i.e. 5 – 3 = ? is no problem if a child knows 2+3 = 5).
For example, the number bonds of 5 would be 0+5, 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, 4+1 and 5+0.
- Decomposing numbers using number bonds and learning the facts not only prepare kids for subtraction, but also develops their number sense. This will prepare them for more challenging math down the road.
This pack of apple addition worksheets includes one page for each of the numbers from 2-10. On each page, kids color all the apples in the tree with facts that are equal to the given number. For example, on the page where they are to look for facts equal to 2, they would color the 2+0, 0+2 and 1+1 apples. Seeing all the facts for a given number will help kids solidify their understanding and recognition of these number bonds.
And the fun apple theme is perfect for Fall, so this would be the perfect way to weave some math into your Fall festivities. For instance, you can use these coloring pages along with the story of Johnny Appleseed (featured on the pages). Or simply as a fun and unique way to practice and recognize number bonds.
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Free Addition Coloring Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.