Make learning fun by using a super cute roll and cover dice game. This free printable number sense game helps teach preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children about counting, number recognition and number sense. This make that number dice game has a fun, colorful apple theme making it perfect for September, back to school math, an apple activity, or anytime you need to keep kids engaged while learning math concepts. There are 5 different activities in this number games for kids: counting, nuber recognition, addition, make ten, and make twenty. Simply print roll and cover free printables pdf file and you are ready to play and learn with apple math.
Roll and Cover Dice Game
This super cute, free printable Cover the Number Dice Game is a fun way to teach and review counting, number recognition, addition to 10, and addition to 20 math concepts while having fun! Use this number sense games for kindergartners and preschoolers. The colorful roll and cover dice game is in a fun apple theme is super cute and fun for any time of the year. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this cover that number dice game. Use the make that number dice game in a math center in your classroom, to make practicing counting fun as you school at home, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Roll and Cover Free Printables
Number Sense Games
This fun and free printable Cover that Number Dice Game is a fun game to help preschoolers and kindergartners learn about number sense while having fun!
What is Number Sense? While the sole focus of elementary mathematics used to be arithmetic and computation, that is no longer the case. With the advent of calculators and computer technologies, the need for skill and precision in computation is not as great. What is much more necessary and important is developing number sense in our kids, especially in the early years.
Generally, number sense can be described as, “fluidity and flexibility with numbers, a sense of what numbers mean, and an ability to use mental mathematics to negotiate the world and make comparisons.” (source: Keith Devlin at The Huffington Post)
Kids who possess strong number sense understand how to put together and break apart numbers to solve mental calculations, recognize unreasonable answers, use math to solve everyday problems, make connections between operations and make reasonable estimates.
Make that Number Dice Game
So as I seek to develop number sense in my kids, I created a set of games that has been a fun addition to our math time.
Skills covered in this set of printable math games:
- Number recognition
- Subtilizing (recognizing the quantity of a set at a glance, without counting)
- Counting on
- Addition to 10
- Addition to 20
- Mental math skills
Number Games for Kids
This download includes 5 different games for kindergarten and first grade.
- The first 3 games focus on counting and number recognition.
- The first is played with 1 die and focuses on the numbers 1-6.
- The second uses two dice and focuses on the numbers 2-12.
- The third uses three dice to focus on the numbers 4-18.
- The last two games focus on addition skills within 10 and 20.
These roll and build number sense game require covering the missing number to make ten or make 20, as opposed to covering the number that was rolled.
Cover the Number Dice Game
All you need to get started are a set of dice and some markers to cover the numbers on the game board. We used two different colors of unifix cubes to cover the spaces, but you could use two-sided counters, beads of different colors, etc. Anything will work, as long as you can tell your pieces apart from your partner. To play, roll the dice and count the total number.
Number Recognition games – simply cover the number that you roll.
- For example, if you’re working on the three dice game and roll a 4, 6 and 2, you would cover 12 on the game board.
- If the number you roll is already covered, you lose your turn and play continues to the next person. Play continues this way until the board is covered.
- The person with the most spaces covered wins!
Addition Games – you still begin by rolling the dice and adding up the total. Then you cover the number that would be used to make ten or make twenty.
- For example, if you roll a 3 and a 4 your total is 7. So you would need to cover 3 on the game board to make ten.
- Or you would cover 13 on the addition to 20 game board.
- Again, play until the board is covered, and the player with the most spaces wins.
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
Number Activities for Kids
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
- Number Sense Roll and Cover Dice Game
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
Roll and Cover Free Printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.