These super cute compound words worksheet pages are a great way to help first grade and 2nd grade students practice. These compound words worksheet grade 1 have a fun apple theme making these printables perfect September, back to school worksheets, or anytime you want to sneak in some compound word practice. These apple worksheets help kids put together the apple compound words. Simply print the compound word worksheets pdf file and you are ready to play and learn with Compound Word Activities.
Compound Words Worksheets
Are you wondering what is a compound word? A Compound word is when two words are used together to make a new word with a different meaning. For example the word snow and globe make the word snow globe. Another example is combining the word lady and the word bug to make the new word ladybug. These free printable Compound Words Worksheets are a great way to help grade 1 and grade 2 students practice making compound words for kids! These apple printables are a fun first week of school activity for practicing making compound words with compound words exercises. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these Compound Word Worksheets are perfect for September or anytime you want to sneak in some extra practice.
Compound Word Worksheets
There are three different compound word worksheets to practice 24 compound words including: ladybug, toothpaste, butterfly, basketball, snoflake, treehouse, bathtub, teacup, snowglobe, baseball, pineapple, rainbow, sunglasses, hot dog, starfish, toothbrush, cookbook, backpack, bandaid, and more!
Compound Words for Kids
Students will look at the picture in the apple and listen to the two words that make up that word. There is a word bank at the top of each compound words worksheet to help practice compound words for kids.
Free compound word worksheets
Have 1st grade and 2nd grade kids color the apples to complete this compound words activity. Then continue adding words to create all 24 compound words.
Compound Word Activities
For more practice learning compound words for kids, try these fun compound word ideas for early learners!
- Learning Compound Words with Block – a fun compound words activities
- Compound Word Puzzles – print the free set in color or black and white (self-checking)
- Apple Compound Words for kids Worksheets
- Clip it Free Compound Word Cards
- 5 Free Compound Word Activities – including picture cards, worksheets, puzzles, and more!
- Winter Compound Word Activities – free printable set includes compound word worksheets and snowflake puzzles
- Free printable Compound Words for Kids printable readers
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Compound Words Exercises
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Your web site has been a wonderful addition to my attempts at homeschooling my 6 year old grandson. Thank you so much for the help. Keep well and safe.
I just started homeschooling this year and the experience has been very rewarding. I just found this web site and couldn’t be happier. So helpful and thank you for havig this great resource that is going to help the past,present and future homeschoolers!