Amaze your kids with this colorful apple science project! This apple experiment is quick, easy, and the perfect apple activity for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders. All you need are a 2 simple materials for this apple science experiment that is sure to delight and teach yougn children. Use this apple activities for your upcoming apple theme preschool or as an engaging activities for September.
I love simple science experiments that help get kids excited about learning, exploring, trying, and science! For this fun apple science children will start by a sor tof art project, they will create an apple out of skittles. Then comes the apple experiment part where they will learn about how things dissolve with a skittle candy science. Try this apple activities with preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Wheter you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler- you will lvoe this fall activity for kids.
Start by gathering your simple supplies
- skittles – we used mainly red, green, and yellow colors
- hot water
- dish with a rim
Apple Science Experiment
Arrange skittles on your plate. The outer ring is cool coming towards the inner items that start to dissolve outward. It’s like a fun race.
Pour very hot water SLOWLY around the edges of the candy.
Skittle Candy Science
The color will spread towards the middle as it dissolves and looks for an area with a lower sugar concentration. This is so easy and PRETTY!
Apple Theme Preschool
How pretty is this skittle science experiment!
Activities for September
We also tried this simple red apple with fall colored green and yellow border.
Apple Activities for Kindergarten
This was probabaly my favorite. THe other one was more colorful, but the meeting of the colors and the gorgeous striped color around the apple were just so, so pretty!
Apple Activities for Preschool
I just love it when a super simple science experiment can produce this kind of WOW moment! You can see kids faces light up and see them get excited about learning and exploring the amazing world around us!
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Leave a Reply